cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box not turning on

So I have not been able to get it on. The purple light is on and when I press buttons on the remote the purple light flickers for a few moments and but still stays purple. I don’t know whether it is the remote or the box. Does anyone have any tips. I tried the reset button, switching it off and on again but nothing works. Can someone please suggest something. Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am guessing you are using the nowtv smart box if you have mentioned the purple light.

When you say that you have pressed the small micro reset button on the bottom of the box, was that holding the button in for about approx 20 seconds until you see the NowTV Welcome purple boot up screen ?

Also make sure that your input HDMI source on your TV is the correct HDMI input number to the connected nowtv smart box,

If you are still having no luck, have you got a second TV in your house just to see if the nowtv box is still showing the same symptoms ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am guessing you are using the nowtv smart box if you have mentioned the purple light.

When you say that you have pressed the small micro reset button on the bottom of the box, was that holding the button in for about approx 20 seconds until you see the NowTV Welcome purple boot up screen ?

Also make sure that your input HDMI source on your TV is the correct HDMI input number to the connected nowtv smart box,

If you are still having no luck, have you got a second TV in your house just to see if the nowtv box is still showing the same symptoms ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your help. It is working now. I feel so stupid as it turns out the wire connecting the tv to the box was slightly out. It just needed pushed in a millimetre or 2. I have been sitting without television for a week waiting for a new remote lol. Duh! Again, thank you and I hope you have a nice day x