cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box disconnects from internet on restart

Box connected wirelessly after I reset router and box, however today it's unable to connect again. It's been plugged in and left alone all weekend while I was at work.

Will I have to reset my router every time I want to watch GoT?!!

Router is vodafone and about 5cm from the box, which are both next to the samsung smart tv. Router takes ages to restart so I can't be bothered with that every day

Debs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

How old is your Samsung Smart TV? If 2015 or later, it may be worth looking for the NowTV app on that, and using that if it works OK.

Until recently, it didn’t show subtitles, which we found a problem on some shows, but it does now, if that matters to you; though you still can’t turn them on permanently on any device, and so have to turn them on episode by episode, or watch them back-to-back, but it’s not too hard.

Another option, as you are using a box, may be to get an Ethernet cable (you probably got one with the router, unless you are already using it) and use it to bridge that 5cm gap. Using wired Ethernet is much less problematic than fighting baulky WiFi Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

How old is your Samsung Smart TV? If 2015 or later, it may be worth looking for the NowTV app on that, and using that if it works OK.

Until recently, it didn’t show subtitles, which we found a problem on some shows, but it does now, if that matters to you; though you still can’t turn them on permanently on any device, and so have to turn them on episode by episode, or watch them back-to-back, but it’s not too hard.

Another option, as you are using a box, may be to get an Ethernet cable (you probably got one with the router, unless you are already using it) and use it to bridge that 5cm gap. Using wired Ethernet is much less problematic than fighting baulky WiFi Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Somebody else mentioned on the forum that Vodafone have been sending out rouge IP addresses on their Network where the NowTV systems is decting an IP address from India where it is blocking use to the NowTV playback devices.

Apparently it has happened in the last few days.

Maybe jump over to the Vodafone Broadband forum to see if other Vodafone customers have resolved the problem.

The only things i would try is either a full factory reset on your Router or switch the power off to the Router for about 30 minutes to see if the Router acquires a new UK IP address.