cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box connections

Hi there,

I'm thinking of buying a Now TV box but my tv is on the wall and all wires are hidden behind the wall, would it be possible to connect the HDMI cable to my dvd player and stream to TV that way, the dvd palyer is already connected to the tv by HDMI.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
herojan
Expert

I would think it unlikely, I've never heard of a DVD player that takes a HDMI input and passes it through to tis output.

What you would probably need is a switcher box, one that takes 2 HDMI inputs and then has a single output to the TV, and you switch between the two, something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0049S6ZUS

Cheaper ones are available, just makes sure it supports full HD (1080p)

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@herojan wrote:

I would think it unlikely, I've never heard of a DVD player that takes a HDMI input and passes it through to tis output.

Well..... The Oppo BDP-10x range of spinny disc players offer two HDMI inputs (and two HDMI outputs). As does the Cambridge CXU and Azur 752BD.

These players are however very expensive Smiley Wink

Legend 5
Legend 5

The easiest thing to do is pick up a HDMI switcher from Argos or Tesco at same time as box.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks all, I'll go with the switcher option, thanks again for your help.

Irene

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User another option would be to conceal the NOW TV Box behind your TV (assuming you've got a plug socket behind there for it), then use the Roku remote app instead of the normal remote to control it. It'd be totally invisible that way 🙂

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tom, thanks but the socket is behind the wall and coming out further along the wall if that makes sense.

Irene

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User no worries, just a suggestion 🙂

Tom