cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app not working on back box

Hi there, for just over a week I have not been able to watch now TV on my black box. It tries to load then just closes and sends me back to the homepage. The homepage isn't loading either. I have reset the box by turning my router and box off then back on several times, this allows the now TV app to load for a bit longer however it still crashes.

How can I fix this? If not I will have to cancel all my passes.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Apparently it's a bug effecting certain customers nowtv boxes (nowtv is aware of it).

A temporary workaround is to access NowTV via the search method on the front home page screen.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Apparently it's a bug effecting certain customers nowtv boxes (nowtv is aware of it).

A temporary workaround is to access NowTV via the search method on the front home page screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps thank you so much, I'll give that a go. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't work for NowTV and i am a customer just like you, so i wouldn't have a clue when the fix will be rolled out.

The Community Forum is mainly used by customers like ourselves, if you use Twitter or Facebook NowTV are more proactive over there, so maybe ask the question on these two social media outlets.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So my now tv app has also failed. Basically made my perfectly working black box a brick. A paperweight. 

Customer services told my my box was faulty and I needed to buy a new one. All I know is the box is fine and the software is screwed. Internet runs fine, I player runs fine, everything says its up to date. 

Hopefully that update comes soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is doing exactly the same! I have tried everything! No help online neither. Poor technical support. Surely if our box is faulty. They should replace or reimburse monthly payments!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was told:

"everything has a life, and the life of your box has come to its end" 

I was told:

"I know you have just reset it, but reset it again, trust me it will be different this time" 

I was told:

"you box has failed, and we can only replace it if you bought it from us (now tv)" 

If the box has failed, why does every other app still work?

If the box has reached the end of its life, why does every other app still work?

If I reset it and reset it again, will I really see a different result 🤣👍

I mean they basically want you to go to the shop and buy a new box. It would surprise me if they're turning boxes of randomly. I had a software update on May 23rd it says, the last time I watched it. Its not worked since. Funny really how there is an odd coincidence there. 

But it seems nobody gives a ###### and the call centre/online chat are more useless than I could ever have imagined, and I'd set the bar low!

Really NowTV, is this the 'best' you can do? Shambolic. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's all strategic. As you said... all other apps work apart from NowTV. We should all be reimbursed and given extended passes if we have to buy a new box!!