cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app disappeared from ‘my apps’ and subtitles turned on

NOW TV app reset itself whilst we were watching a film. When it came back on, subtitles came on and the NOW TV app has disappeared from ‘my apps’. Followed advice from previous posts (system updates, turn box off) but it still hasn’t appeared in the menu. The only way we can access NOW Tv is to go through ‘search for apps’. Has anyone else had this problem or can advise further? 

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried going to Apps Store, then click on the NowTV App, then click on "Go to App".

Also to remove subtitles, go to Settings, then select Captions, then select switch off Captions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that’s the only way we can access Now tv. It has a green tick next to it to say we have it but still not showing in ‘my apps’. All the other Apps are still in the menu 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry yes I’ve turned off the subtitles now thank you, just weird that we were kicked out of the film and then when it came back on the subtitles appeared and the app disappeared. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

As your main home screen page changed ?

Where NowTV are currently rolling out a new layout via a software update.

Unfortunately the new screen layout doesn't offer the NowTV App under My Apps and you need to use the work around on my first post by going to the Apps Store. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ah right. Really weird that their app has disappeared since the update 🤷‍♀️ Hopefully they will rectify this.

Thanks for your help 👍
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it has changed I noticed that today. Ah right very strange, hope they rectify it soon then. 

thanks for your help 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue, all I can do with now tv is watch live or continue watching, can’t scroll through to pick a new series to watch nor can I search through movie genre to pick a movie that not playing live. My roku stock still as before thankfully

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Now TV App disappeared from my apps about 4 months ago. Thois morning it has actually disappeared from the App Store. there just seems to be so many issues going on with NOW Tv its awful service

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new layout of Now TV has taken away the need for the Now TV App.

The home page will display all the available passes such as the entertainment pass such that I need to view the box sets? Just scroll down till you see the pass you have got, such as the entertainment pass, highlight it and move to the right until you get to ‘view all’ click on it and away you go! It took me hours to find that solution?