cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Sports Passes and how to watch?

Hello.

I have a Now TV box and find it very very frustrating that I cannot get in touch with Now TV.  Not everyone is tech savvy and understands many of the terms used on boards etc.  I  want to know how I can purchase a sports day pass and when I have purchased it how the hell do I watch it?  On my telly, on my lap top?  I do not have a mobile phone, or a smart TV, whatever they are and not great broadband speed.  My partner watches Now Tv on our telly occasionally so I assume this means it is good enough signal to watch football from a day pass?  Do I have to purchase the day pass only on the day I want to use it or can I purchase in advance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Both day and week passes can be purchased any time. The pass is only activated when you start watching Live sport on any of the sports channels. 

If you have a Now TV box, then I would suggest sticking with that as the device to watch content on as you said you don't have a Smart TV. 

As it stands only LG and Samsung TVs have the Now TV app on it. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I am very nearly persuaded to drop my BT TV subscription I purchased
yesterday and go for the smart Samsung TV. I hope you don't mind me asking
a couple more questions? So because we have slow internet and no idea if
fibre will reach us in the near future, will this 2.6 -.3.0 mbps (at
present with EE, cant see this improving with BT but who knows) be enough
to power the smart TV and all the apps I want to watch footy on? It was
the BT chat person who said not to buy a 4K TV, I though that was something
to do with the speed and HD stuff, but like you say they may have been
talking garbage. Thank you
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Again if I was you, I would seriously consider checking the speed on your 4G phone. If it is anything over 15mb on your 4G then that would be a great start. 

So just because you wanted to purchase a 4K TV that should not put you off from doing so. In terms of BT TV, my understanding is that the connection reliant on a suitable speed for broadband, more so if you want to get the Max package for BT sport 4K. 

My recommendation, if you want a 4K TV, don't let anything stop you. Also do a speed test of your 4G mobile and even off a 2 bar signal you should be getting much more than your broadband speed of 3mb!

In my work we can only get a strong 3G signal and that gives me 10+mb. So if you try to switch to 3G only on your device if the 4G is that bad. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I am getting a bit confused again.  So I found out that I need at least 5mbps to run Bt Sports even though I told them it was around 2.8mbps they still sold me the package, so I am going to get back on to them.

I am not really a mobile phone user so not sure about 3g, 4g etc, I have a Samsung galaxy work mobile and that's all I own.  So I am not sure what or how checking the speed of my phone would help, sorry. Are you saying if I have a 3G or 4G signal over the 5MBPS I could somehow run BT sports from this?  I also guess that 2.8MBPS is nowhere neat enough for a smart TV? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

So I have been in contact with EE (our present broadband provider) and they say 4g should be able to give me around 25mbps at home.  So they then say for £15 per month I can have  10GB  and a small box that  I should be able to hook to my TV  (hopefully this would be compatable with  smart tv)and have enough juice to watch BT sports  (obviously I would have to buy a BT sports pack form BT)and hopefully this would be the same for Now TV so I could get  a pass to watch Sky Sports.  I am not really sure what this small box is they are talking about but I guess I would still need the landline and broadband package for phone and  e mail, surfing web etc?  Does this sound like a good option?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

My recommendation is to cancel your broadband completely. 

Purchase a WiFi dongle from Amazon decent one will be £40-60

Purchase EE unlimited data sim for £34 (through EE for fastest speeds possible)

or Vodafone Max for £30 and it will only be a 12 month contract. If you or your partners work get you discount on either then all the better.

Or yet you can get the 4G Gigacube with Vodafone unlimited at £50 a month for unlimited data. This is effectively home broadband in a different form and gives you what looks like a router.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/gigacube/?icmp=HeaderLink

Do not go with what they have suggested, you will be in for a shock on how much data is used for streaming, trust me I know. Had run out very quickly when I was in a hotel using my phone as a hotspot and 8GB lasted 2/3 nights!

25mb for your 4G is just fine for HD streaming. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Check the link below to the Now TV Help section on Sports Passes...... this may help with some answers:

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/article/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass?DCMP=IA_pases1