cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Sports Passes and how to watch?

Hello.

I have a Now TV box and find it very very frustrating that I cannot get in touch with Now TV.  Not everyone is tech savvy and understands many of the terms used on boards etc.  I  want to know how I can purchase a sports day pass and when I have purchased it how the hell do I watch it?  On my telly, on my lap top?  I do not have a mobile phone, or a smart TV, whatever they are and not great broadband speed.  My partner watches Now Tv on our telly occasionally so I assume this means it is good enough signal to watch football from a day pass?  Do I have to purchase the day pass only on the day I want to use it or can I purchase in advance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Both day and week passes can be purchased any time. The pass is only activated when you start watching Live sport on any of the sports channels. 

If you have a Now TV box, then I would suggest sticking with that as the device to watch content on as you said you don't have a Smart TV. 

As it stands only LG and Samsung TVs have the Now TV app on it. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Both day and week passes can be purchased any time. The pass is only activated when you start watching Live sport on any of the sports channels. 

If you have a Now TV box, then I would suggest sticking with that as the device to watch content on as you said you don't have a Smart TV. 

As it stands only LG and Samsung TVs have the Now TV app on it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. So I assume I would get  myNow Tv up on my telly and then buy the pass from there?  Then what do I need to do to actually watch, will a link or something appear  on the now TV saying sky sports?  Sorry to ask stupid questions but  I have spent the last several days trying to find out  how  the easiest and cheapest option for me to watch football on Bt and Sky. and have been bamboozled with talk of streaming, casting, apps for this apps for that etc.  It appears there is no easy  or cheap way to watch BT footy though. I don't have very good broadband speeds up here near Inverness.  Thanks again.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you don't mind me asking, what is your mobile phone signal like in your property?

The reason I ask is that you could ditch your broadband and switch to an unlimited data plan with Vodafone or EE and run it off the 4G network via dongle. 

More importantly with EE you can get a BT sport add-on for big screen use at £15. Which is something I have taken advantage and being able to cancel whenever you want. 

This is what my parents are doing as their property don't get fibre but has great 4G signal. So they are getting rid of their broadband and sticking to a sim only unlimited data plan.

On the box I believe there should be a section at the bottom for "My Account" and in there you will be able to see what passes you have active. If you don't have any passes there you should be able to purchase a pass, then once its bought you can watch the content straight away. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ummm that's another interesting angle.  Si our internet speed is very slow at present with EE and I have just today ditched them for BT, Broadband, TV and BT sports.  £44 a month as oppose to £37 a month with EE with nothing else but broadband and landline. ( could cancel in the cooling off period)  I don't think we have a very good 4G signal at home though.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I was you, I would do a speed test on your 4G mobile signal and a speed test on your WiFi. You could then compare it to see which is better. 

Best to download the speed test app to your mobile for this to work. 

Despite having Ultra-fast fibre and getting average speeds of 115mb download and 30mb upload, I can get average of 120mb download and 34mb upload on my EE 4G data-plan. 

This is making me seriously consider the requirement for home broadband, if I can get mobile speeds of that slightly beating my BT fibre. It is all about deals and offers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am actually thinking of buying a new TV and wondering if it is worth getting a smart TV?  Does anyone have any experience of these?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you are planning on getting a smart TV, then I would highly recommend Samsung. As long as you get a Samsung TV model of this year then this will give you the following apps which I deem to be important;

Now TV

BT Sport

Netflix

Amazon

All 4+

ITV hub+

Google Play

Disney Life (only because I have a subscription)

Currently I have a Samsung 4K 55" (bought in Feb 2019) and since the inclusion of BT Sport it to me as been the best all round TV to give you all the big apps so you don't need Amazon/Roku sticks etc. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Thanks for your reply. As you have probably guessed I am not really up to
speed with all this tech. I have just bought a BT Broadband and BTTV and
Sports package so not sure how this would all work with the TV you
mention? I was told not to get a 4K TV (whatever they are are) as they are
not compatible with the BT system.

So when you say this TV as a BT App I am still guessing that I need at BT
Sports subscription to view BT Sports? Also having the Now Tv App does
this mean I would not need to attach my Now TV box to the telly, apologies
if these seem sill questions. We do have very slow internet where we live.

Bets wishes

Tim
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Well whoever told you at BT re 4K TV is talking out their a**. I have BT ultrafast fibre and a 4K TV, nothing was mentioned in any way that it is not compatible. 

That being said, I don't have BT TV, but I am postive thousands do and have no issue with BT TV and 4K, because why else would BT advertise BT Sport in UHD? You need a 4K TV for UHD!

But yes if the Smart TV has all the apps I mentioned above, you will no longer need to plug in the device into the TV again. The device could then be used for another room, or if you go travelling and use it in a hotel. 

Indeed you will still need to have a BT Sports subscription to watch the app, however it will at least save you needing BT TV to watch it.