cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomCS
Mentor

Now TV Hub Two won't see my Rako Bridge

Have just moved from BT to Now for broadband only. To run my Rako lighting from my phone app and to adjust the lighting events I need to connect to my Rako Bridge. But even when connected directly to the 'Now TV Hub Two' (as opposed to via the Netgear Switch) it's just not seen. Nothing wrong with the hub's ethernet ports as they 'see' all other devices when attached. The bridge just doesn't appear on the list of attached devices and the Rasoft pro software can't get a connection to it. Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@TomCS 

(i) reboot the router and try again.

(ii) if no go, telephone Now Broadband Support. 

Sorry I can’t just post the number, but see here for a posting with a link that will lead you to the phone number you can call them on.

Maybe Broadband Buddy doesn’t like Raku’s web address, and that needs whitelisting?

But the Broadband team should be able to help out if so.

(iii) See if Raku support have come across anything like this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
TomCS
Mentor

Thank you. I had tried 1 and 2. NOW's response was that they cant help with third party devices, ignoring the point that their router might be the issue. They did suggest updating its firmware - which is tricky when I cant access it! I will try to talk to Rako tomorrow. Thanks again

TomCS
Mentor

Called Rako and 30 mins later we found a solution linked to moving away from a fixed IP address created by my old BT router to a Dynamic one in a range used by NOW’s router with a few re-boots along the way!