Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box

Hello

Sorry if this has been asked before.

We have just reluctantly purchased a new TV (Logik smart TV).

We do not watch live channels but would like to be able to watch catch up and on demand (not BBC iplayer).

Despite our new TV being a 'smart' one we have been unable to aces the built in apps for catch up etc because it says we need an aerial, although Netflix works fine via our broadband connection.

I have thought about a standard now TV box, as from what I can see it should run via the broadband and not need an aerial connection. However, I want to be certain that an aerial is not needed as we do not have one on our property. (We used to have sky years ago but no longer subscribe to it)

Can anyone clarify for me please and confirm that a now tvbox would allow us to watch catch up (4od, itv player) and also the various passes (kids/entertainment).

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Yes, all the apps on the standard black NOW TV box are accessed via the Internet, there's no aerial connection at all on the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you.

I am assuming that the box connects to the TV via HDMI

We actually rarely watch any TV but seeing as we have had to buy a new one
I wouldn't mind watching a couple of extra channels.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yep it connects to the TV via HDMI and to your broadband via wifi or Ethernet cable. By the time you factor in the price of the passes that come bundled in with it,the box itself is practically free.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you.
New box has been ordered 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Enjoy it when it arrives! 🙂