cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box will not connect to any WiFi Network

I am hoping that someone can help please.

Earlier today we had an electricity outage and were without any power for a few minutes, during this time both our Wifi networks off. Since the power has come back on the black NOW TV Box will not connect to Wifi.

It is only the NOW TV Box with which we are unable to connect (all other phones, tablets. printers, etc appear to be OK).

I am not at home now, but i think that there is/was an error code 014

I currently have 2 different Wifi networks at home, Virgin Media and Plusnet - and the NOW TV Box will not connect to either (which leads me to belive that the problem is not necessarily the Wifi).

I have tried the usual. switcging everything off and on, but nothing seems to work?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You have the NOW Smart Freeview box, where if you flip the box over there will be a small reset switch / button underneath the bottom of the box.

Press or hold the button in for around 20 seconds to see if the screen changes back to its factory set opening page.

BTW - This box is still supported.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What about a full factory reset on the NOW box? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps thanks for your help.

How would I do a full factory re-set?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If it's the black box with the white light on the front, there should be a small reset hole on the back.

With a small pin hold it into the reset hole for about 30 seconds whilst the box and television is switched on.

If you factory reset you will have to setup your box from scratch again (make sure you use your existing NOW account details on it,)

I am also assuming the white light is showing or flashing on the front of the box which means it has power on it.

Before factory resetting if you can access the box menu settings go into the Network settings and under new connection toggle between wired and wireless to see if that kick starts anything. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps thank you again for your help - I will try these reset options tonight.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Fingers crossed it will work.

Maybe also before factory resetting, type error code 014 into the Community Search box where there will be many hit results and suggestions (especially using a Virgin Media Router).

Hopefully the power outage didn't brick the NOW box. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It has gone from bad to worse!

I got home tonight ... firstly, i couldn't find any reset 'hole' anywhere on the box? ... secondly, while trying to figure out how to do a factory reset - I have been unable to get the box to switch on at all now!

I contacted the NOW TV online support who weren't particularly helpful, ultimately telling me that my box is probably no longer supported!

For information it is a black 'ROKU' box with a blue light on the front (when it used to switch on!).

Any ideas or suggestions as to what to do next?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You have the NOW Smart Freeview box, where if you flip the box over there will be a small reset switch / button underneath the bottom of the box.

Press or hold the button in for around 20 seconds to see if the screen changes back to its factory set opening page.

BTW - This box is still supported.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps thank you again for your help.

Progress has been made and normal service is now resumed!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad you got the box working again 👍.

With the NOW Smart Freeview box, if you have a TV aerial plugged into the back of the box and to watch the Freeview channels off the box you will also have to do a TV station retune (which i assumed you have already done when prompted going through the reset up process again).

Hopefully the retune has found all the Freeview channels you had before prior to your electricity power outage.