cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box - Signing in to Account

I purchased my Now TV Box (little Black one) complete with 2 month movie package on Wednesday. I was under the impresion all I had to do was hook this up to my TV and way we go. So after doing all it said ie create an account, email address/username and password. I tried to login using these details (which will allow me to log on to the internet site) but to no avail am I allowed to log into the NOW TV box. So when it still hadnt sorted itself by Thursday evening I contact an advisor who advised me to do this that and the other but no still couldb not get signed in. I was then advised the matter would be escalated to their Technical team and that they would contact me by email, and on asking how long this would take I was advised within 24hrs. So when said 24hrs were up I again contact an advisor to say that no one from the technical team has contacted me and when was this matter going to be sorted to be told that the tech team would contact me but she didnt know when and could not give me a time scale nor could she give me a managers name or contact telephone number as they were an internet service. I advised that as they were part of Sky and Sky could be contacted by phone it was a poor show that Now TV cant. Needless to say all I am left with after tonights "live chat" is same old same old our tech team will contact you by email.  My question to all you lovely Now TV users have any of you had same or similar problems if so how did you get round them ??????

37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

Yes I know any help is better than none and it can be amazing the little things can make a big difference but this time it is a no lol I have already tried doing that but it made nop difference I am afraid.

Thanks 

Regards

Deeff1e

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry to waste your time, never had any issues myself with the nowtv boxes.

I am not familiar with the Vodafone broadband or their supplied Routers, wondering if there is a setting on the router that needs changing ?

One last question, is the nowtv box connected to your Router via WiFi or Ethernet cable ?

Hopefully somebody else on the forum will come to your rescue.

Good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

I have tried both wireless and via ethernet cable without it making any difference and cant see any setting that can be changed on my router. My tv is a smart tv and has no problem with the router so dont think it is that but you never know.

Regards 

Deffie

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...I have tried both wireless and via ethernet cable without it making any difference and cant see any setting that can be changed on my router. My tv is a smart tv and has no problem with the router so dont think it is that but you never know.

So your NOW TV box is connected okay to your television and to the internet. And you can see the NOW TV boxes set-up pages?

Is this right? If not what are you seeing? Can you take a picture?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital

Yes my Now TV box is connected to both the internet and my TV and I have the Now TV set up pages, it is only when I enter my emailaddress/username and then my password (both of which have no special character i.e. $%&)  do I then get the message thatit doesnt recognise my username/password. 

Sorry 

Deeff1e

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

This is so odd @Anonymous User,

There's no reason I can see why you're unable to log into the NOW TV service on your NOW TV box Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I can't see any reason either but will give tech team a bit longer and
see what happens.

Regards
Deeff1e
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry to trouble you again.

Have you got any other NowTV playback device such has an Android or IOS smart phone / tablet etc, just to check that your username and password works on them just for "signing in" purposes only ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think I will just leave it a bit longer and see what tech team say.

Regards

Deeff1e
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry wrong post