cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App Disapeared Off TV Screen. Cannot Watch Any Now tv Programmes !

I was watching a Now Tv film about 15 minutes ago and after 5 minutes the screen went blank, no error message etc. I now see that the Now tv app is missing from my list of installed apps. When I go into system info it says Now tv account info "Not Available". What is going  on ?

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine has done the same I don’t have a home screen or anything hopefully someone has answers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My app is not working on either stick or box.  

Home screen and Now TV app disappeared. 

Reinstalled app and reset system but still not working?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I started this conversation and since then I tried to reinstal the Now Tv app and the app appeared at end of my list, when it normally appears at the top of the list. If i go to a Now tv programme it asks for my username and password which I will not enter as something obviously isn't right. I tried to uninstal the Now tv app but it won't let me. It had to be on a bank holiday !

Although I'm sorry other people are having similar issues  it does (hopefully)  rule out the possibilities of a  computer virus my end ,and we will have to wait for someone from Now tv to produce a response, or are they all on the beach ?

I

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem. Can someone please Fix this urgently

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having the same issue. It’s been acknowledged and NOWTV said to do a system update or reset your box. Iv done both and it’s still not working. Has anybody managed to fix their issue?? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV's response.

We're aware of an issue that may be affecting all customers trying to launch the NOW TV app on NOW TV Devices. Please scan for a system update on your device or reset your box which will resolve the issue.

I have tried all of this and more, it has not helped. Obviously a major issue with Now tv. Hopefully they get it fixed soon. 

RoyB
Legend

I can’t believe that not one of you has said what make and model of TV you have.

This is one of the first things needed in qualifying this problem.

Having said which, it does seem that NowTV has gone into self-destruct mode.

Whoever has bunked off for the Bank Holiday needs to get the hell back into the office, and wind the rubber band up again 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I eventually got my box to work. Did a system update  which didn't do anything and then a restart. Then going to a Now channel I was asked for username and password which I entered. All progs now play fine for me BUT under system information it says for "Now Account" information not available.

I could have done a factory reset as well but I don't want to have to reenter all my account and password details for the apps I have.

I'm hoping that Now tv will release an update overnight but I suppose thats about the same chance of me winning the lottery

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have rebooted broadband and Now tv umpteen times and nothing works, can't even keep normal tv on as it keeps switching over to Now tv on which the programmes keep going off and screen goes blank. Can't get through to customer care and no way to resolve this over the phone either .