cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No thumbnails show

I have the black now tv box. Just recently a problem has started in which when I first go onto the box, movies (for example) will have no thumbnails showing. The problem can be overcome by disconnecting the box from the power supply and reconnecting it. However, what can I do to stop the problem occurring in the first place?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Try step 6 in this trouble shooting guide below, update the software on your box even if you are on the same software version.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-steps-for-the-Roku-player

Anonymous User
Not applicable

schnapps,

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply. I have taken my time to respond as it is something of an intermittent fault. However updating the software (the box was actually already on the current version) has made no difference at all, but simply disconnecting the power supply and reconnecting it to make the box re-boot always seems to cure it. Presumably, I just have to accept now that it is a faulty box - although it is past any warranty period.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since my first post I have noticed that several other people have raised the same issue, or, at least, a similar one. After a fair bit of trial and error, I believe that I have come up with a "workaround". In particular, by going into "Settings" and unticking the power saving option which switches the box off automatically after four hours, the problem does not recur. This suggests that the problem is caused by the latest software update not allowing the box to "wake up" properly after automatically switching off.

I should just add that I am connected to the internet by an ethernet cable attached to a Homeplug. Whether the same issue arises if the connection is by wi-fi I do not know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue, ever since I switched to ethernet! It co-incided with a message to use a Micro-SD card. I will try a software update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried the uncheck box and it worked a treat. I'm connected by wifi. Thanks for the help Northshields. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried the suggestions and nothing seems to work. This needs sorting by nowtv or the box is going in the bin.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vic5432

I think that you might have a long wait for NowTV to sort this problem. After all, they no longer promote this box and so have probably lost interest. I have certainly long since given up expecting it to be sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi i had trouble with thumbnail picture turned box of turn on still not working

And found out battery handset flat put new battery in came back problem solved 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect, that worked for me