cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No sound on my NOWTV box

Hi, we have just bought a NOWTV box and we have no sound at all.
Checked all inputs and leads etc, and also checked settings to make sure nothing was turned off but all seems ok.
Some help would be really appreciated!
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Might be a HDMI issue, firstly try rebooting the box by switching off the power, if that doesn't work maybe try a different HDMI port on your TV,

If that fails have you got a second TV in the house, just to double check that there is sound coming from the nowtv box ?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Might be a HDMI issue, firstly try rebooting the box by switching off the power, if that doesn't work maybe try a different HDMI port on your TV,

If that fails have you got a second TV in the house, just to double check that there is sound coming from the nowtv box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem but have done all these actions and it's still the same can't watch anything

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

I have the same problem but have done all these actions and it's still the same can't watch anything

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I had the same trouble, but got a new HDMI cable and it worked! Have you tried that?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yh I've tried all that it's still not working

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done everything several times and still no sound, not impressed if I need a different tv. White box is playing up as very old, was fine still works temperamental though.. Very confused so any help would be grateful.😕

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Which nowtv box do you have where there is no sound, white, black, smart Freeview, 4K smart or smart stick ?

If you have tried all the stuff mentioned in this thread and also gone into the box menu audio settings and had a play around with the different sound settings and you still only get a picture but no sound on your TV.

Then perhaps, try a full factory reset on the box by going into the box settings, then select Systems, then select Advanced System Settings, then select  Factory Reset by typing the 4 digit number shown on screen.

If nothing helps, then see if live chat can assist you further.

Link here to live

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was the HDMI lead! Thank you it’s working now 🙂