cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No picture but sound

Hi I used to be able to get the pictures and sound ok but now I only get sound when I open a program it also happens when I open the apps . I have just paid for 2 months for the movies and unable to watch them and as a pensioner can't afford to throw money away. I have also brought 3 new sets of HDMI cables but still no joy. Please help.
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have the black box and I can see all the apps but I cannot open them to play
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

To be honest, i have run out of ideas, i know this may sound like a stupid question and i apologise in advance, but when you go to the Apps such as BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub etc your are in My Apps section of the box and not the App Store ?

The only last thing i could suggest is try rebooting your Router (not sure if that's going to help, but there is no harm giving it a go).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the black box and j can see all the apps but they will not open when try to
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

So when you go to "My Apps" and click the OK button on the remote say on the BBC IPlayer App nothing happens or no message comes up on your TV screen ? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You mentioned on your post, that when you try watching something a message comes on screen where there is no picture just sound.

Does the message that pops up on your TV screen says something like High bandwidth - Digital Content Protection (HDCP) or something else ?

If you post what the message says on here, it might help finding a solution on how to resolve the issue on your black nowtv box.

Should it say the HDCP message, then maybe have a read of this help guide article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/purple-screen-no-picture-on-now-tv-box

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi CD

Can you post a picture of the screen, this may help if you can show the screen that will not respond.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have sent you a photo shot of the TV screen via e-mail, I hope this might be of some use. Cheers Dave
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I think @ukbobboy means upload the screen shot of the message shown on your TV screen here on the forums.

You can do this by clicking on the photo icon on the top toolbar which then gives you the option to add a photo to your posted message on the forum. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I can't see the icon as I have two toolbars already at the top covering like a dark blue toolbar but I can't seem to get rid of the other two toolbars