cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No ethernet connection

For months I've used now TV broadband without any issue then today the ethernet connection light went out.

I left it for a while and still nothing. Switched off and on again and also rest the box but nothing... service status says no issues for my area 🤷‍

All cables are plugged in the same as they always have...

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  Lost connection about 10pm this evening.  

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Call the broadband team on the number you have been given for them, and ask for your line to be checked.

Even in areas with no global outage, individual lines can fault.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately can't call them.  Lines only open 8am to 8pm @RoyB 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What??!!

Are you sure?

I wouldn’t take Broadband from anybody who wasn’t available 24/7.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure why I kept calling it ethernet connection.

It's the internet light that's out on my hub.

I'll have to contact customer services then, thanks 🙂 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

No worries. Light out on Hub, any light, get on the dog and bone to the Broadband team.

Happens about once a year on average here with BT, I call them, they reply almost instantly, wiggle a wire at their end, and I’m good until the next time.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's what Now Broadband message onscreen said 8am to 8pm
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can you give me a URL where I can see this?

I can find Live Chat is 8am - 11pm, but nothing about calls - but then I’m not a broadband customer of NowTV, so maybe this is something I don’t have access to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's a message that comes up for Now broadband uses checking their telephone line for a fault using inbuilt broadband repair tool.