cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No content available - can't see film lists etc

Hello all wondering if anyone can help with an issue I'm having. I have had now tv for a long time with no problems but recently on my black now TV box if I go to say the family section in movies it said no content available but I could manually search sometimes and find a film, I had an old white player I plugged in to try and this worked fine, bought up all the films in all sections etc and all passes, so I went out and bought another new box thinking maybe I had a faulty unit, this new unit worked fine for a day then it began to do exactly the same! Another thing I notice is that the genre list is in descending alphabetical order when it worked but not now. I have done resets connected by cable etc to eliminate a wifi issue but cant solve it. White box still works fine! Anybody else had this issue? Thanks

55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue-Now Tv, please provide an update as to when this will be fixed! Otherwise I will cancel all my passes in the coming days
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No content available on almost everything I click on. I can see lots of people having this issue with no response on how or when this will be sorted. As a long time paying customer it's not accetable to be expected to pay full price for a service that is clearly not working properly and hasn't been for a long time.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am sorry, to hear that you are having issues, it might be due, to the signal, so I would ask, if you turn, your, rota off for a few minutes, then turn it back on, to reset, that should work!, I could be due to the effects of the snow and cold weather!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't believe the issue is a signal problem with all the other people who have wrote about this problem since January 31st - I also have a family member having the same issue who doesn't live near me so can't both have signal issues. But I have tried turning the router on and off and doing an update that was wrote on a previous comment and has made zero difference. Any other suggestions on how this can be sorted ? Otherwise I will be cancelling all my passes, not worth me paying full price for the very little content I can view or watch.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not weather related as my white box is fine... This has been going on for far too long now yet you take money for a service that I'm not receiving...
Poor service I will be cancelling and going back to Amazon
Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here, i just get a "error" on the screen thrown up, its anow tv end problem as I can watch amazon fine, sort it out!  its what we pay for!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

There is an interesting post from the NOW TV Team on this thread mentioning that the bug should be fixed with the 8.0.3 firmware on a NOW TV box/stick (doesn't mention any other devices)

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Cinema/MOVIES-BROWSING-ISSUES/m-p/461198#M12986

Might be worth anyone suffering this issue on a box checking - from the box/stick homescreen go to Settings > System > About and check the software version is 8.0.3 if not go to Settings>System>System Update to see if an update is waiting.

If you are already on 8.0.3 you could try a forced software update to see if that makes a difference.

To do this press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

If anyone is still on 8.0.3 and getting the issue I would post a reply to that thread and tag @Anonymous User so that he is aware of the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have one of the small black now tv boxes model 4200sk. The software version is 7.7.3 I have done the system update and the forced update but it's still running off the 7.7.3 so how do I get the 8.0.3 update?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same issue for over a month now. Have two black boxes , both have same problem.so cannot be individual boxes causing the problem I've re tested unplugged done the trick with pin at back of box rebooted both boxes tested my WiFi done the soft reset and all the bloody same. You go half way down the movie list then the last seven genre comes up no content. Also now my you tube is jumping all over the place. I will be cancelling my movie subscription soon if this is not sorted by now TV. Come on guys enough people are complaining get it corrected before you lose all your customers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

still happening, actually getting worse as now it freazes during playing, somethimes now info tiles are displayed at all, sometimes, juts "error" is thrown up on screens, where are the now tv reps to actually tell people what is going on, if this was a sky dish i'd be phoning up to demand a refund for "outage"