cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No content available - can't see film lists etc

Hello all wondering if anyone can help with an issue I'm having. I have had now tv for a long time with no problems but recently on my black now TV box if I go to say the family section in movies it said no content available but I could manually search sometimes and find a film, I had an old white player I plugged in to try and this worked fine, bought up all the films in all sections etc and all passes, so I went out and bought another new box thinking maybe I had a faulty unit, this new unit worked fine for a day then it began to do exactly the same! Another thing I notice is that the genre list is in descending alphabetical order when it worked but not now. I have done resets connected by cable etc to eliminate a wifi issue but cant solve it. White box still works fine! Anybody else had this issue? Thanks

55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m being told by email I may have faulty black boxes, I can’t see this being the case when it worked fine before the updated app version, others are having the same issue so hopefully a software update will come about that will fix this.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Should have added to my previous post, that if you have the NowTV App on a mobile phone or tablet then you can also browse the content from within the App and add anything you want to watch on your nowtv boxes by clicking the "Add to My TV" option button.

Just transferred a few movies and TV shows from my phone App automatically across to My TV Watchlist on my boxes.

Much easier and quicker IMO than going to the nowtv website.

Hopefully the NowTV Team will get this resolved quickly for customers who are effected with no nowtv content on their boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems to only be affecting the black now tv box, my son has the white one and that works no problem and using it on my phone works fine too. Updates, hard resets and reboots didn't work. Received this when i contacted now tv about the technical issue...

Hi lynsey,

Ref: 02890853

Thanks for contacting NOW TV.

Thanks for bringing up to our attention .

I've just checked with my technical department and they are working on this issue and they will revert you back.

Please be rest assured it will be resolved soon.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 02890853.

Thanks,

Subramanian

The NOW TV Team

and now i wait lol hopefully issues will be resolved soon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,
A brand new nowtv box should not be faulty.
If it is connected to your tv correctly then you will need to check the compatibility of your broadband and tv package. Does it let you access Sky ? If not, you need to upgrade your package or your Sky movies won't play.
Amazon fire devices let you play Amazon Prime movies but not Sky movies.
An upgrade will involve paying more so try to get the best deal possible from your broadband provider. You may need to buy a new box and activate it before you can set up your nowtv account. Double bubble, ouch !
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The white boxes I have work perfectly, the black boxes with the newer version of the now tv app are playing up, it is a problem with the new app, others are having the issue and it needs to resolved.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any more news on a fix? I’ve been emailing etc but no news, problem persists
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this problem for weeks and it's very annoying not being able to see the film lists. When is this likely to be resolved?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply.

We have a technical team at NOW TV working on getting this fixed.

We hope to have this fixed as soon as possible

we appreciate your patience on this.

Many Thanks 

Naomi K

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A service should not take money and not provide the promised service. Faults, yes, things that one cannot control and are due to outside factors but this lack of service while taking the money still for weeks on end are terrible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any news on when this issue will be resolved? I have 3 now tv boxes (black ones) all having the same issue and I’m paying for the passes of which I can’t use on any of my boxes. Tried updating software and this has had no affect. Passes due to renew tomorrow! All boxes were working fine this has only occurred in the past week.