cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Sound

Hi last week we had an issue with no sound from our Now TV box this was rectified by switching power of and on again. Today we have been using it with no problem but suddenly it has decided to loose sound again (picture is crystal clear). I have tried all solutions suggested such as resetting etc but nothing is working. I'm told there is maintenance on Wednesday afternoon but that shouldn't cause an issue now, should it? Will this maintenance fix my issue? Is there something else I can try? Is anyone else having the same issue? I have been an advocate of NowTV and I don't want to change my opinion it is such a good service - I'm hoping this is just temporary or easily fixed.
16 REPLIES 16
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It could be that your HDMI lead or port is damaged. If you can, try another HDMI lead...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks but that didn't work. However the magic combination of buttons was amazing. Thank you for introducing me to that.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Only use the software update option, it's not recommended to play around with the other options where you could corrupt your box and will then have to carry out a fresh factory reset.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just a thought @Anonymous User,

When you visit the 'Audio' settings of your NOW TV box. Is the 'Audio' mode set to 'Stereo'. And the 'HDMI' mode set to 'Auto Detect'?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried a spare cheap lead we had in the house with no joy but i will try a better lead I have stored in the garage. For tonight I'm giving up. Thank you for your prompt time and dedication.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

An update but sorry no solution. After 5 hours of Now Tv silence it has just started working again. No idea what the problem was and no idea if it will recur. Wish I could help others. Sorry but thankyou. seemoredigital and schnapps for your prompt support.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

No doubt while you were moving your NOW TV box around the HDMI lead found a 'seating' position that it likes 😉

Cheers