cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No HD channels

we had live bbc hd channels up until a few weeks ago. They have disappeared. Does anyone know how to get them back?! I can find no help via now tv.

thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would that be the over the air Freeview channels via a TV aerial on a NowTV Smart box with the blue NowTV logo on the top of the box casing ?

If so, have you tried a fresh TV scan of the channels in the box menu settings ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, thank you for your message.

We’ve tried that and it hasn’t worked.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is your TV aerial shared with the inbuilt TV tuner on your television ?

If you own a television with an inbuilt HD Freeview or Youview tuner.

Then have you tried temporarily re connecting the TV aerial directly into the back of the television TV socket (rescan for channels) and see if the BBC HD channels appear on screen ?

This will when give you an indication if it's hardware related with the NowTV Smart box or an issue somewhere with your local TV transmitter or Aerial.

Should the HD channels show on your compatible HD Freeview TV, then i would be inclined myself to go into the NowTV Box settings under Advanced System Settings after you have re connected the TV aerial to the back of the NowTV box and undertake a full factory reset on the box.

Please note if you factory reset the NowTV box you will have to setup the box again from scratch.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also use the online help tool to check for faults from your local TV transmitter.

Out of curiosity are you based in the Fenham area ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/problems-freeview-reception/#/Freeview 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem this morning. I rescanned the channels and they reappeared.