cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Newer black box

Ive just noticed today that theres a new black now tv box, does this have diff specs from the previous one, it has a slightly different finish to it.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

http://www.nowtv.com/best-tv-boxes

Gives all info on all the boxes
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive seen that, what I'm asking is what is the difference between that box and the previous black box.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User There isn't a new version of the black box, however they have started repackaging the box with fewer bundled passes included, and some retailers are labelling these as new. The finish is still the same (Matt black NOW TV logo on top) although again some retailers have been using promotional images that make the box look different.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm interesting, the previous box specs say 720p and the one on now tv website says 1080p. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah the confusion comes because the black box does support 1080p streaming (don't know if you have one or not but if you do you can check on the display settings where it has both 1080p and 720p options) but the NOW TV service only delivers 720p so some of the websites eg Argos mention 720p whereas others eg NOW TV website mention 1080p! 

You'll get a hint when a really new box is coming along because this forum usually invites people to sign up for a trial of the box first.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy, I have the white box and the newer black smart tv box, I was only asking as a supermarket has a clearance sale on the black box and was wondering if this other box had better specs so might pickup the old black box as it has entertainment pack included. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User There isn't a new version of the black box, however they have started repackaging the box with fewer bundled passes included, and some retailers are labelling these as new. The finish is still the same (Matt black NOW TV logo on top) although again some retailers have been using promotional images that make the box look different.

Fewer bundles passes, is this to stop people buying a new box when they only need a pass. If so a Better way time i this would be to reduce the cost of the passes..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the link i sent tells you what the difference is that's why i posted it