cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just bought a NOW TV box for a bargain £7 in a supermarket clearance, hooked up and working fine through ethernet hub connection from router to Smart telly. Signed up for the 14 free trial on Entertainment package and gave credit card details.

We haven't had time to watch anything yet, just briefly looked at schedules and box sets etc.

I'm confused by the 1.2.3...Go  Entertainment Month Pass ticket included in the box, it says "If you've already watched NOW TV, simply sign in and enter the code below in the 'My Account' section. Decided not to scratch the panel yet.

How/when should I use this, and how does it sit with the 14 day free trial deal ?

Another point, there are no instructions with the paperwork for the remote control, no on/off button. Does the service remain "switched on" onscreen 24/7 ?

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Bob - never did a screen shot before.

Googled it = press Windows Key and Prt Scn - so I brought up 'My Account' and followed this instruction, nothing happened.

It does list my passes as the ones I have registered, so no issues expected.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Another bit of advice, don't buy the vouchers in bulk where the Voucher code passes have an expiry date of 12 months from date of purchase.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Mac

I don't know what version of windows you use or if you have Paint, a small application that came with my version of windows, or have some other screen capture utility.

My Windows Paint Icon

MS Paint Icon.jpg

However, when you press Windows Key >>>  Prt Scn you are putting the on-screen image in to your computer's memory only. Then you have to open your screen capture utility or, in my case, Paint then in the menu click Edit >>> Paste, the image should now appear and you can then save this captured image to your hard disk.

Once you've done this a few times you will find that it becomes second nature when it comes to capturing your Now TV passes or any other document you may need to capture for evidential purposes, i.e. various certificates, etc. 

Hope this helps

UK Bob

chilli2
Elite

Heres what you could do, once activated cancel the 14 day free trail, then when the end date nears, and you want to continue to watch activate the 3 month pass/whatever you have, again cancel the pass before it expires this will stop you being charged £7.99 a month , all you need to do is get a new pass ( ie the three month ones that are sold in currys) and activate that to save money.

Make sure that you only have one Now TV account (username/password) as it can get hard to keep track of multple log ins/accounts and quite a few people will get charged when they think they have cancelled

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks all the above.

I've been away a few days, just catching up.

I'm taking onboard all the guidance.

Not sure if I have Paint application, never had the need to use such.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you're using Windows 8 or 10 the screenshot will automatically be saved to the Screenshot folder inside your Pictures library. If not you can use applications such as Word to paste the screenshot into