cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just bought a NOW TV box for a bargain £7 in a supermarket clearance, hooked up and working fine through ethernet hub connection from router to Smart telly. Signed up for the 14 free trial on Entertainment package and gave credit card details.

We haven't had time to watch anything yet, just briefly looked at schedules and box sets etc.

I'm confused by the 1.2.3...Go  Entertainment Month Pass ticket included in the box, it says "If you've already watched NOW TV, simply sign in and enter the code below in the 'My Account' section. Decided not to scratch the panel yet.

How/when should I use this, and how does it sit with the 14 day free trial deal ?

Another point, there are no instructions with the paperwork for the remote control, no on/off button. Does the service remain "switched on" onscreen 24/7 ?

15 REPLIES 15
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you scratch off the scratchcard you'll find a code underneath. Then go to your My Account > My Passes page

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

and  click the apply a voucher link in the entertainment pass section. Enter the code and apply it and it will automatically kick in when your 14 day trial ends. Dont forget to cancel before your offer ends otherwise it rolls over into a paid pass

Theres no off button for the box, it uses very little power and will drop into a screensaver mode when not in use.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That was quick, many thanks.

Sorry to labour this - when is the "right time" to action the 3 month pass - when the 14 day trial is ending, or anytime during this period ?

I'm happy to let the Entertainment subscription roll on.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Do it now - it will sit on your account but won't kick in until your 14 days is up, so you don't lose out.

Hope you enjoy your box! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had another chance discovery today - I clocked NOW TV passes in local PC World.

A 3 month entertainment pass for £15.

How does that sit with the monthly £7.99 fee when my trial period ends ?

Can I simply buy a pass and use it at the appropriate time ?

Is there a limit to this practice - seems a bit of a no brainer for the viewer, but not for SKY ?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just had another chance discovery today - I clocked NOW TV passes in local PC World.

A 3 month entertainment pass for £15.

How does that sit with the monthly £7.99 fee when my trial period ends ?

Can I simply buy a pass and use it at the appropriate time ?

Is there a limit to this practice - seems a bit of a no brainer for the viewer, but not for SKY ?

Hi @Anonymous User

Vouchers are for new and current customers alike. And there's no limit to how many times you can use vouchers. In fact, I pretty much use vouchers exclusively and as you've no doubt noticed it works out significantly cheaper to do that.

The only thing you need to be aware of if you're using vouchers is that you can't stack them. You can only apply one voucher for a particular pass type at a time. This means that you will have to wait until you are within the last 30 days of your current voucher for a particular pass type before you can apply another

Hope that helps you outSmiley Happy

EDIT 

also wee @Andy's post below

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yep by all means buy the £15 gift cards. If you already have an offer on your account you'll be able to apply a new voucher when you are in the last month of your current offer and it will kick in automatically at the end of your current offer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks all - I now have my head around this.

It's great to have knowledgable members to help out us rookies.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy @commanda6

Hi Mac

Just to add one more piece of advice, which could prevent you from running into future problems, and that is to always take a screen print of your accepted passes.

You see, lots of users have reported that their pass has vanished from their Now TV account and because they no longer have their pass card or original receipt, they cannot prove they ever owned or bought a pass. And the first time they find out something has gone wrong is when money starts to be taken from their bank or credit card.

However, those that have screen prints tend to have their passes reinstated and any money taken refunded.

So, be safe and enjoy using Now TV.

UK Bob