cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New user, being asked to log in each time

Installed the black Now TV box at flat my wife uses when she's working away from home. I usually sort tech stuff out for her but I'm 200 miles away & have never used a Now TV box. She's set it up & can watch TV ok but she's not tech savvie. I'm here to see if I can get this working properly for her, so please bear with me!

When she goes on catch up TV (e.g. Channel 4) she is asked to register / log in. As this is done onscreen using the remote it's a long-winded process. Can someone please explain to me how this should work.

i.e. I understand that she needs to initially log in on Now TV (she's done that). Does she need to register for each catch up TV channel (BBC, ITV, 5, etc)? And log on (to Now TV &/or to each catch up channel) each time she turns on the TV? Can she do this online once, link the catch up TV accounts to her Now TV account?

Any help / guidance appreciated. Just want it to work, easily 🙂

Martin

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. When the box is initially set up you need to enter your NOW TV username and password to set up the box, this will also let you watch the NOW TV app for any passes you have.

Most other apps either don't need an account (5Demand, ITV Hub etc) or it's optional whether you log in (eg BBC iPlayer lets you log in with your BBC account but you can still watch without one for the time being).

All4 does require you to set up a Channel4 account and you do need to log in with a Channel4 account before you can watch.

https://4id.channel4.com/registration

You should only need to enter this the first time you use the app, it will remember login details after that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for answering so quickly Andy. Hopefully she'll be ok once she's done this, she was worried it was going to be a constant thing.

I'll talk her through it next time she's there & may well post again... !

Cheers

Martin

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

No worries @Anonymous User, she will already have logged into NOW TV setting up the box, once she's signed up for a Channel4 account and signed into the All4 app with that then that should be everything finished, no more signing in unless she wants to start using things like Sky Store.