cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New update changes home screen

How can I get back to having the my apps screen as my home page? I am quite capable of deciding what I want to watch on my own without having to skip through Now TV's suggestions first!

Also the watch next feature ay the end of a program is incredibly annoying is there no way of disabling it?

Whilst I do like the content some of the new upgrades just make the box more of a hassle to operate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

You can't, Now has decided that it is better that way. I personally thought the suggestions were poor and did not show case Now's selling points I.e. Sky Atlantic or ITV Encore that are Sky/Now Exclusive.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think there should be an option to switch to classic view as clearly some customers have given this feedback.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So now my Now TV box is on all the time.  I’m a grown up let me choose to switch off instead of being on 24/7. We’re told not to leave equipment on standby for all the right reasons. Why does Now TV think it knows better? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The question has been raised to the NowTV Forum Management on this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/New-power-settings-on-updated-app/m-p/537813#M14894 

PhilipB82
Mentor

Hello

If you press the back button on the remote whilst on the homepage, the menu appears on the left. 

I don't know if anyone is aware of this, I found it by accident!

Philip 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I know that thanks, because I’ve pressed every button more than once
since the update. But there is *no* option to allow me to go into Standby
as previously.

Others are saying the same as me. I’ve now put it onto Twitter as Now TV
are saying this is what us customers want!

Lizzie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree the home page update is a step backward not forward. Prior to update, the home page instantly loaded. Now it has an annoying buffering message (on startup or whenever you hit home button on remote) saying 'Your home page is loading'. When it does load and you try to straightaway go down the page, it jumps back to the top as if the new and trending bar has a delayed loading time. 😞