cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New update changes home screen

How can I get back to having the my apps screen as my home page? I am quite capable of deciding what I want to watch on my own without having to skip through Now TV's suggestions first!

Also the watch next feature ay the end of a program is incredibly annoying is there no way of disabling it?

Whilst I do like the content some of the new upgrades just make the box more of a hassle to operate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

You can't, Now has decided that it is better that way. I personally thought the suggestions were poor and did not show case Now's selling points I.e. Sky Atlantic or ITV Encore that are Sky/Now Exclusive.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Legend 5
Legend 5

You can't, Now has decided that it is better that way. I personally thought the suggestions were poor and did not show case Now's selling points I.e. Sky Atlantic or ITV Encore that are Sky/Now Exclusive.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the new NOW TV Box interface or the Watch Next feature.

All of these were introduced based on customer feedback.

I shall also pass your feedback on to the teams.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I just bought 2 new black boxes on Amazon (great deal with the vouchers) to replace 2 white boxes.

I'm so used to going back to the Apps screen when pressing Home, is there an option to restore this?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems to me that no thought has gone into the continue watching option.   Do now to think that everyone watches the programmes at the same time. I am on series 5 of modern family whilst my family are on series 3 and 4.  This was easy to keep track of before but now is impossible. It's hard to remember where you are up to for every program and it doesn't help in the slightest unless of course you live on your own and have no problem with this. It is a very poor change and the old option should still be available. Who were these tests done with? Probably the gogglebox crowd and loners by the looks of it.  Please do some proper research and get good advice before you make changes like this. It has ruined so many programmes for us. 

mightywhites92
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

It seems to me that no thought has gone into the continue watching option.   Do now to think that everyone watches the programmes at the same time. I am on series 5 of modern family whilst my family are on series 3 and 4.  This was easy to keep track of before but now is impossible. It's hard to remember where you are up to for every program and it doesn't help in the slightest unless of course you live on your own and have no problem with this. It is a very poor change and the old option should still be available. Who were these tests done with? Probably the gogglebox crowd and loners by the looks of it.  Please do some proper research and get good advice before you make changes like this. It has ruined so many programmes for us. 

Yes it would be so much easier with your own profile (like netflix). Surely it would be easy to implement.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box has changed over to the new home page. It is rubbish, bring back the old one. Much more simpler to use. Think I will be getting rid of NOW tv after my passes run out. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do you even get onto now tv as the now tv option is not there or am i missing something

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You could use this method on my post in this linked thread below if you don't like the look or feel of the new home page screen layout.

It's a little long winded and involves a few more clicks on the remote controller, but gets you to the point where you are more familiar on the NowTV App.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/New-Look-On-NOW-TV/m-p/537497#M5539 

If you spend a little time with the new layout it will get you to the point on the NowTV service that you are looking for.

Though with anything new or different it takes a little time to adjust and get accustomed to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You make it seem that it’s our fault the new screen is utter crap. And that we just need to get used to it.

its that bad and so much hassle that I will be cancelling my subscriptions, if we cannot revert to old system. 

why should I pay for something I don’t like?