cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New tv box not working

I have a now tv box works perfectly, I just tried to use on my new lg tv( it's not a smart tv) and I keep getting a purple screen saying content disabled, I have tried new hdmi cables and nothing, I have turned off reset the box and still nothing. The box works with old tv using new and old hdmi

Any idea on how to fix
13 REPLIES 13
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the black roku 3 box
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the model number of your (non smart) LG television? Does it have more than one HDMI input you can try connecting your NOW TV 'black' box to?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a lg 24MT49DF-PZ, there is only 1 HDMI port.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tested a DVD player in the HDMI port that works fine, just now TV doesn't
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

Okay... Just in-case your LG television does not support '1080p' video correctly try connecting your NOW TV box to your old television and the visit the 'Display Type' option and set it to 720p - not 1080p.

Then re-connect the NOW TV box to your LG television...

EDIT: It's a shame your TV only has one HDMI input. But thankfully, according to its spec it does support HDCP 😉 

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you still got the old TV ?

If so, try temporarily reconnecting the nowtv box to it and go to the box menu settings and select 720p and then try the box again on your new LG TV.

Might be worth a try if you still have your old TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi sorry that didn't work. Still hdcp content disabled
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using any type of HDMI switcher / Hub or does the nowtv box connect directly into your single HDMI port on your TV?