cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New "Free-to-view" channels appeared, but have now disappeared

HI All

The other night a number of new channels appeared in the Freeview section of the TV Guide - ITV4, Dave, etc.

They worked for a few hours but then just brought up "No Signal". I've just done a channel rescan and they've disappeared.

Whilst there was a lot of nonsense in there there were some that we would like. Anyone have any ideas on how to get them please?

I've checked through system update and it says all software is up-to-date

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, ignore me. It must have been some weird atmospherics enabled us to get the channels. Have hooked the aerial to the digital TV directly and scanned, and they didn't come up there.

I'm presuming those channels just aren't available in the DY10 area

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Here’s a link to help you find your local transmitter. Put your full postcode and house number in, select Detailed View, and see what Muxes (groups of channels) you get on the most likely transmitter, and on other transmitters you might be able to get.

And here’s a link to which channels (by LCN, the number you see for the channel in your TV Guide) are on which Muxes.

Dave (LCN 19) is on Mux ARQ A, and ITV4 (LCN 24) is on Mux D3&4, both of which are available to some transmitters in your area, at least to DY10 4JB, a random DY10 postcode I picked.

If you are picking them up sporadically, but would like them, a local aerial fitter will be able to advise you if an aerial realignment, or a better aerial, or a resiting of your aerial could make them permanent or not.

But it can depend on your exact address, so local knowledge, from a local tradesman, is key.

I try to always DX to a main transmitter if possible, as these carry the widest range of channels.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.