cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New package

Am changing from BT. If I take out a Nowtv broadband, phone and tv contract will this include a box to record, pause , rewind and catch-up programmes – the same as I have had with BT? If not, which box do I buy? (we have a smart tv)

Nowtv advertising does not make this clear and it's impossible to contact them to ask.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Will this include a box - No, you have to buy a stick/box 

record - No, it won't record

pause - just 30 minutes on live channels with a now tv stick/box.  But you can't change channels

rewind - You can only rewind to where you started from and only up to 30 minutes. Remember if you change channels you start again.

catch-up programmes - Yes 

I'm not sure Now TV is what you want. It won't be like what you get from BT. You might want to check out Talk Talk, Virgin and Sky.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Nope, with the NowTV Broadband & Phone package the only hardware you receive is the NowTV Hub Router for using the internet.

You need to supply your own NowTV supported devices (which includes the NowTV App on the BT Youview Box)

If you are a NowTV customer there is no option to record their live linear NowTV channels (like BT TV customers with the NowTV Bolt on TV packages).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Excluding the NowTV Sky Sports channels, most of their NowTV content is on demand and catchup when you subscribe to the relevant NowTV type Pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So does this mean I can use my existing BT Youview box to record from NOWtv?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Nope with regards to the live linear NowTV channels, but you can still record the over the air channels via the TV aerial such has BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV etc on your BT Youview box.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Will this include a box - No, you have to buy a stick/box 

record - No, it won't record

pause - just 30 minutes on live channels with a now tv stick/box.  But you can't change channels

rewind - You can only rewind to where you started from and only up to 30 minutes. Remember if you change channels you start again.

catch-up programmes - Yes 

I'm not sure Now TV is what you want. It won't be like what you get from BT. You might want to check out Talk Talk, Virgin and Sky.