cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New colour scheme - latest update !

Oh dear ... or perhaps... yikes !  -  Not good 🙂

Seriously, turquoise with a dayglo pink logo ???

23 REPLIES 23
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy

Hi Guys

I've decided to listen to Savage Garden again, the music is just sooooo cool.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Do you like Air Supply/Manic Street Preachers? 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

I've never really "gotten into" those groups, although my tastes are not as conservative as my age would suggest, but unfortunately they've past me by.

Saying that, I've got a problem, the Roku 3 I bought at the beginning of April, I believe, is starting to fail. It's starting to show the same symptoms my NowTV white box showed before it gave up the ghost.

I'm going to have to watch it closely today to see if the symptoms, i.e. soft-restarts, increase or decrease in frequency.

Catch you later.

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

I've never really "gotten into" those groups, although my tastes are not as conservative as my age would suggest, but unfortunately they've past me by.

Saying that, I've got a problem, the Roku 3 I bought at the beginning of April, I believe, is starting to fail. It's starting to show the same symptoms my NowTV white box showed before it gave up the ghost.

I'm going to have to watch it closely today to see if the symptoms, i.e. soft-restarts, increase or decrease in frequency.

Catch you later.

UK Bob

Hi @ukbobboy

I don't think your Roku 3 is about to break . I think you might be suffering from the main long-standing issue that the Roku 3 is known to have. The Roku three is known for freezing occasionally and not responding to any commands for a minute or two and then springing back into life. This is an issue that Roku have entirely fixed my Roku 3 does it occasionally but he still going strong. I brought it back in 2015.

Plus, I would say it's actually healthy to perform a soft reset every few weeks anyway. A soft reset can be done directly from the settings menu on the Roku itself

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6

Sup!

Didn't realise you had a Roku 3 as well.

I think it's fab and don't have any issues with it other than the remote seems to eat through batteries? Have you notice? Few people mentioning kit online. Reading round about it people seem to think it's either the remote headphone facility or the motion sensing causing the issue, both of which I use a lot (well, I don't play motion sensing games, but I do like to swing it round on the lanyard a lot!!). I've started using rechargeable batteries which is better, they need recharging every month though.

When the batteries are low I notice it sometimes stops transmitting/pairing which can make the Roku look as if it's not responding, wonder if that's related to the issue you mention, as otherwise I never have any trouble with it all. In fact I love it.

ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @Andy

Hi Guys

I tried to write this post earlier this afternoon but the forum system system bounced it, with an error message about “mismatched authentication”, oh well.

1) C6

You know, I also do not want my Roku 3 to fail because I really like the machine but every since this morning while watching YouTube, catching up on the latest hi-fi scene, it has been exhibiting the same symptoms as my, almost 2 year old, white box before it gave up the ghost.

Those symptoms are:

a) Screen suddenly goes black, all video and sound stops.

b) 2 or so seconds later the black TV screen displays Roku's wake up screen, i.e. “Roku” appears in the top left-hand corner of the TV screen and the time is simultaneously displayed in the top right-hand corner.

c) The YouTube video then reappears and continues as normal, until the next black-out.

t took two or three of these problems to occur before I could establish it was the Roku causing the problem, so I started to note the re-start times, which were 8.00am, 8.08am, 8.13am, 8.18am, I then had to take a break.

However, since then I've not used the machine but I do plan to play some tunes later on and keep and an eye (or ear) on the Roku box to see if the problem reoccurs.

2) Andy

The first thing I noticed when I got my Roku out of it's box was that the remote control was slightly heavier and fatter than the NowTV one, another thing is that the remote will display on the TV screen how much battery power it has left. Still, I do like the headphones facility and the other extras the remote has.

As for the batteries, I'm still using the same ones I installed in April and I believe they'll probably last another month or so.

Another unexpected plus is that when I play music via the Roku it does sound better than music played via the NowTV box.

Finally, since buying the Roku I have experienced more and better facilities, it's a great device.

UK Bob

PS. I playing some music and experiencing no problems so far.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I actually quite like the new colour background scheme on the nowtv box homepage front end, which i have been getting use too in the last few days.

Just received another new update tonight on the box, where once you delved into the nowtv sub menu UI  (originally a black background ) this has now also been updated to a Blue \ Teal coloured background similar to the box UI homepage.

Personally when navigating around the UI to my eyes the highlighted cursor looks more prominent and far easier to see where you are on the screen compared to the older black background.

So i am generally happy with this new colour scheme layout looks quite snazzy if you ask me Smiley Happy.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Welcome back @schnapps 😉

I have the new sub menu UI as well and I think it is much better than the black and white one. It is more "welcoming". 🙂

One thing that should return is the "play" symbol that was in the letter O of NOWTV. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

I agree looks much better, apart from the fact that the Exorcist-green has made a comeback in the My TV section. I'm convinced they've done that deliberately to annoy me, and when I find out who's responsible ... Smiley Indifferent

PS My money's on Jason.

PPS I liked the play symbol O as well, looked snazzy on top of the white boxes. I'm not a fan of the exploding popcorn (obviously!) and projectile cricket balls we get instead!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Thanks for the warm welcome back, haven't really gone away been casually lurking on the forum from time to time and just haven't "logged on" to make any contributions to the community threads.

@Andy

I know you are not particularly keen on the green colour aspect of the nowtv theme, but personally i quite like it, which reminds me of the Movistar lime green colour scheme that you find on their sports product advertising.

Anyway whats that old saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or something similar along those lines Smiley Happy