cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New broadband connection isn't working

My devices show that I am connected to wifi but I can't download anything or stream videos as the connection is intermittent. Is this normal as i only connected on Monday? It's very frustrating as I can't use internet
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
My devices show that I am connected to wifi but I can't download anything or stream videos as the connection is intermittent. Is this normal as i only connected on Monday? It's very frustrating as I can't use internet

@Anonymous User

Hi Penny 🙂

We are sorry to hear about this !

This isnt something that should be happening with your connection. It's normal within the first 10 days for your speed to fluxuate as we test your line during this time to get you to the bext possible speed but this would not have an affect on you using your broadband.

With what seems to be happening at your end there is a few things we would need to check to find out what is causing the problem the first being if this is a Wifi issue or an issue with the speed coming down your line.

If you are able to use the ethernet cable we sent along with the router and connect it directly to your router and connect the other end  to a PC / Laptop so that we can check if you are experiencing this problem with a cabled connection it would give us a better understanding of what the problem is.

Looking for ward to hearing back from you 😉

Kymberly (The Now TV Team)

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the make an model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Its a black box but I couldn’t see your pictures
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive plugged in the Ethernet and the internet is now working – what shall I do next?