Not applicable

New box, no sound

I’ve tried searching for a solution and have tried

looking in settings and trying different options

different hdmi port

different hdmi cable

volume is up on the tv n works with virgin box

volume is turned up on the nowtv box but still not hearing anything

can somebody tell me how to fix it please?

would love to be able to watch on the tv

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

And I’ve turned the box off and on by the power too but no change

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you access to another television just to see if the new box works on a different tv ?

If the box doesn't provide sound with a different television, then i would say there is a problem with the nowtv box which needs replacing under warranty.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We only have a tv in the living room so can’t test it elsewhere, we use iPads to watch upstairs

its a brand new box, just come through today so it should be working 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working and live chat passed me on twice, now awaiting an email from ‘a higher team’ 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

It's a shame you haven't got another TV to test the nowtv box to see if the box has an inherent fault with the sound on it and needs replacing under warranty.

The only other things that i could suggest is go into the box menu settings and try different options under "audio".

If playing around with the box audio settings doesn't make any difference, then try step 6 in this help guide linked below.

Update the software even if you are on the same software version number already.

If that doesn't work, see if a factory reset of the box by following step 2 of the linked guide makes any difference.

Otherwise see what the NowTV Tech Team came back with.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done all of that when on the live chat but not made a difference, been waiting for an email since last Thursday though n got nothing yet 😞