cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Now TV account but not sent a Now tv box?

Started with Now TV this week. Part of my contract is paying for an 'Entertainment pass' each month. However I have not been sent a Now TV box or stick. So I cant watch anything on my television. Is this something extra you have to buy to watch tv (general live tv)? Cant seem to find any information on this on Now TV website. Please help!! Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem asking as many questions has you like (fire away).

Without a TV aerial or Satellite Dish you are restricted to the amount of terrestrial channels you can watch via the internet.

With a NowTV Stick or NowTV box you will be able to access Apps Such has BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and My 5 where these Apps have catchup / on demand services and i believe all four of these mentioned Apps now offer live TV (though you are restricted to the channels these Apps offer so you won't get the full complement of freeview channels).

Maybe check out the BBC iPlayer website, ITV Hub website, Channel 4 website and My 5 website for the full list of channels that they are affiliated too.

Also to use the NowTV Stick or Box you need a spare HDMI port on your television and make sure you are receiving a decent wifi signal where you are going to place the Stick or Box (unless you are going to run the box over Ethernet to your Router).

NowTV recommends a 2.5 Mbps internet speed to use their service.

Here's a link about the available Apps on the NowTV Stick /Box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV expects you to provide your own streaming devices from the link below to use their TV Passes.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

If you don't own a suitable device from the list in the link above, then the NowTV Stick would be the cheapest option from places like Currys, Argos, B&M Stores etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Shnapps, many thanks for your response. I'm afraid I'm not at all tech aware and this feels very much like trying to learn a new language. Okay, so need to get a Now TV stick to watch the Now TV pass. Sorry to ask another question, but I promise this will be an end to it! I just want to be able to watch live TV on my television, and had thought that having a Now TV box / stick would enable this? I'd be grateful if you could kindly clarify if this is the case please? - I've no tv aerial and so cant use freeview.Thanks so much for your help, and to repeat, I wont bug you again after this question! Kind regards,Rach
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem asking as many questions has you like (fire away).

Without a TV aerial or Satellite Dish you are restricted to the amount of terrestrial channels you can watch via the internet.

With a NowTV Stick or NowTV box you will be able to access Apps Such has BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and My 5 where these Apps have catchup / on demand services and i believe all four of these mentioned Apps now offer live TV (though you are restricted to the channels these Apps offer so you won't get the full complement of freeview channels).

Maybe check out the BBC iPlayer website, ITV Hub website, Channel 4 website and My 5 website for the full list of channels that they are affiliated too.

Also to use the NowTV Stick or Box you need a spare HDMI port on your television and make sure you are receiving a decent wifi signal where you are going to place the Stick or Box (unless you are going to run the box over Ethernet to your Router).

NowTV recommends a 2.5 Mbps internet speed to use their service.

Here's a link about the available Apps on the NowTV Stick /Box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Shnapps bless you, thank you very much! Really appreciated