cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Black Box Doesn't Always Go Into Standby !

I have been using a black box for sometime, with the HDMI cable etc. What usually happens if I stop watching a Now TV programme and put tv into standby the black box white light goes out after about five minutes, that is until today.Its a bit iffy.

If I put tv into standby the white light on the Now box remains on sometimes. I did change the black box for one I had spare  today and am wondering if there is some setting that I entered in the previous box that I havn't in the new one.

Some people unplug the box but I don't want to do that each night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes.  In "Settings", "System", "Power" there is a setting called "Auto Power Savings".  You need to ensure that this is set to "Enabled".

Wlat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes.  In "Settings", "System", "Power" there is a setting called "Auto Power Savings".  You need to ensure that this is set to "Enabled".

Wlat

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The standard black boxes don't have a standby mode as such. The light on the front goes out when it enters screensaver mode which is its default mode when not active and uses minimal power (about 2W compared with about 3.5W when streaming).

If you've disabled the screensaver then the light will stay on all the time, so check in Settings > Screensaver to make sure the wait time is set to the number of minutes you want. 

It's also possible for apps to override the screensaver and remain active all the time. All the main apps on the box play nicely but I can't guarantee they all do so it's also a good idea to get into the habit of pressing the Home button on the remote when you've finished using it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just swich to `Home` before you go back to TV setting. Mine goes off after a few minutes.