cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neville181
Advocate

Netflix app not working on now tv box

Hi, downloaded netflix app earlier from app store on black now tv box, but app will not load/open.  Just comes up with netflix has encountered an error.  Error code NW-6-400.  Any one else having this issue? Spoken to now tv via chat and have run system update and reset box etc but to no avail.  Also spoken to netflix who also have no clue.  Thanks in advance...

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah i was on 8.0.3 and force updated to 8.1.3 and still not working unfortunately 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Netflix App on the nowtv software 8.1.3 worked first time for me.

So i don't know why software 8.1.3 is not working for you, perhaps the Netflix error is common to one particular ISP and Router brand ?

My ISP is NowTV with the Hub 2 Router with the std black box connected via Ethernet.

Perhaps members who are on software 8.1.3 on the black boxes who can't open the Netflix App on their devices could post their ISP to see if there is anything in common related.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks Schnapps 

Unfortunately I'm definitely on 8.1.3.4149-10, and I've tried both forced updates via the hidden menu and factory resets  but it still doesn't work. But thanks for replying. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My ISP is EE

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I initially had the same error, NW-6-400, when trying to load the Netflix app.  I updated to 8.1.3 4149, i then hit update again and it initiated another update for apps (didn't specify which ones), now Netflix works just fine, i have been watching it this afternoon. I have a Nowtv black box connected via ethernet and my isp is talktalk. Hope this info helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers @Anonymous User

Still didn't work for me. 

Can i please check what Version app you have for Netflix?

I'm on Version 4.2 build 90618035

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous User   

My Netflix version is 4.2 build 90618035.

I've read this thread and don't know what else to suggest, after i updated my Nowtv box Netflix worked straight away. I hope you and everyone else with this problem are able to resolve it quickly. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've done as suggested

Updated, 5x home, 3x ff and 2x rw hidden app updated.

I was already up dated before I tried this so no changes made. 

Have reset router, unplugged Now TV box and restarted it. 

Nothing works.

App  still has code NW-6-400 error. Netflix app just does not work on Now TV black box. 

Back to watching Netflix via Amazon Fire Stick for the time being for me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried this even though my Now TV puck was at the latest version. So I still forced an update (with the Netflix app already downloaded) and IT WORKED!!!

Thanks for suggesting a great fix!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I’m exactly the same, updated the software twice but no luck 😢

hopefully they sort this soon!