cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neville181
Advocate

Netflix app not working on now tv box

Hi, downloaded netflix app earlier from app store on black now tv box, but app will not load/open.  Just comes up with netflix has encountered an error.  Error code NW-6-400.  Any one else having this issue? Spoken to now tv via chat and have run system update and reset box etc but to no avail.  Also spoken to netflix who also have no clue.  Thanks in advance...

31 REPLIES 31
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Strange how the std nowtv black box is working on the Netflix App for some like me, where others are encountering this error when trying to open the Netflix App. 

The Netflix App on my older black box is version 4.2 like every body else and I have had Netflix playing on both Ethernet and WiFi 2.4 ghz & 5 ghz freq bands.

Looks like NowTV & Netflix will need to investigate this further. 

pauline1769
Expert
Hi. I. Can now get netflix on my black now TV box this morning
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It now works for me too. There was no update or anything, it just works. Good news and thanks to all who offered help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix still not working on my black box after all updates.

In the end I did a factory reset from the Main menu and re-entered my login details, etc.

There were 20 updates.

This time the Netflix app asks me for sign-in credentials and it is all working.

hurray!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant - thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anyone help?

My netflix not working on my nowtv stick. error code(ui-800-3) really getting me down . Ive reset it and done everything possible and still no joy. Thanks for any help out there.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps try these trouble shooting steps in this Netflix Help guide.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/12232

Select and follow the steps under the Roku section.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Im in the same boat as you. Netflix app not working on my now tv stick. Ive tried everything but no luck, it’s so frustrating. Contacted now tv through live chat & said there is an issue with the app & that I should wait for an email from the relevant team who hopefully will help. But still not heard anything 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same problem on the black nowtv box a long with a lot of others i suspect its maybe a software thing nowtv will have to fix for the black now tv boxes But its working on my nowtv smart box so it must be a software issue with the black boxes that'll hopefully be fixed soon with all the feedback being sent back to nowtv 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I just dug out my old nowtv black box and tried the Netflix App where i had the same error code reported by everybody else when checking the nowtv software version on the box it was showing 8.0.3 4230.

Did a force software update on the std black pluck shape box by pressing home x 5, then FF x 3, then RW x 2 on the remote controller to access the hidden menu and there was a new version 8.1.3 4149 shown available to update.

Did the update and Netflix is now working fine like my smart box.

Check your software number on the nowtv box, if version still on the older version 8.0.3, then usually what happens nowtv tends to send out the software updates to customers in batches (so expect the new version to be available on your std black boxes shortly).

If you are already on software 8.1.3 4149 then update the software in the hidden menu anyway.