cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV HD

Hi

I have a black nowtv box with nowtv in blue on the front of the box, I pay the extra for hd but when I go to the entertainment and sky movies they haven't got the HD logo next to each channel, does this mean I won't be viewing those in hd and if so why?

please can someone shed some light on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

This has come up here a few times and the following seems to resolve the issue. Sign out of your account on the device, turn off the power for 1 minute, turn the power back on and sign back into your account.

Double check that under passes, boost is showing as active.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Saint1976
Elite 3

This has come up here a few times and the following seems to resolve the issue. Sign out of your account on the device, turn off the power for 1 minute, turn the power back on and sign back into your account.

Double check that under passes, boost is showing as active.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

sorry schnapps and saint I accepted the answer when I shouldn't have but in reply to you both yes I have paid for the boost and no saints your fix didn't work.

I had the HD icon next to the programmes when I used the nowtv app on my lg tv but the app on the lg tv is buggy and doesn't work a lot of the time so I went back to using my standalone nowtv box.

surely I haven't got to buy the new 4k smart box to get the use out of the hd boost that I pay for?

Saint1976
Elite 3

Nope, that box is 1080p so you should have the service in hd.

I don't have that box but can you go into settings and see if there is an option for the steam or picture quality? There may be a setting for automatic, 720p or 1080p. If there is, change it between automatic and 1080p.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

but when I go to the entertainment and movies section of the tv menu none of them have HD beside them i.e sky 1   instead of sky 1 HD

Saint1976
Elite 3

Have you looked in system settings for stream quality? If you have and changing the setting hasn't worked the only other suggestion is to do a factory reset on the box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you purchased the Boost Pass on your account for the extra £3 per month to work with any other passes you have running ?

Have a read of this linked article about NowTV Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

If you have only just purchased the Boost Pass on your account, then go into the NowTV App on your NowTV Box and under My Account section of the App sign out of the App.

Then sign back into the NowTV App where hopefully the Boost Pass will show under your active passes on your account.