cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV CHAT NOT FOLLOWED THROUGH

I was given Nowtv as a birthday present yesterday my wife having been assured 'it only takes minutes' to connect. So we planned to watch a film as a birthday treat. Startede account and then tried to connect to the tv. Switched on but it would not give me the option to enter my password to the internet at the holiday cottage we are at for a week. Tried twice no connection. Disabled ping - no connection. Hard reset - no connection. LIe chat and over an hour going through all the above steps again - no connection. Livechat guy said would need to change the box. Asked  him to send an email confirming he had gone through the system and concluded  box needs replacing, so that I have no problems exchanging with the retailer. Live chat man sid he couldn't do that but he would escalate it to a higher level who woujld email me within 24 hours and could give me the email. No response yet.

Concerns:

1. need the email so I can get a new box

2. need 3month voucher to stop and restart when I have a working b ox

3. having to go through all the steps again with livechat - by time ended it was too late to do anything - what a birthday celebration!

4. click on 'contact by email' and instead of giving me an email addresw I have to go to this forum.

5. if this is typical is nowtv worth b ogthering with

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User from what you describe the cottage has a webpage where you enter a password after connecting to its wifi. If this is the case it's not possible to use the box on that network as it doesn't support that kind of connection. You should be fine when you get back home though. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User from what you describe the cottage has a webpage where you enter a password after connecting to its wifi. If this is the case it's not possible to use the box on that network as it doesn't support that kind of connection. You should be fine when you get back home though. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks artesea. I wish the live chat man had been as knowledgeable as you then we wouldn't have lost our special night.
Look forward to hearing from the 'higher echelons' re extending the voucher period.