cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box (black) crashes after 3 mins

I have had 2 NOWTV Black boxes for several years now. Over the past few days, they have both started to crash repeatedly.

I have tested with Iplayer, ITVHUB and  Amazon Prime, but no matter which one I watch, the Roku box will crash/reset consistently after about 3 minutes into watching any program.

I have tried wireless and Wifi connections and resetting both units to no avail.

Both seem to be updated to the latest software (9.3.3 build 4109) last updated Dec 11 2020, last checked Jan 2 2021.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I spent 1.5 hours on the chat with customer support trying to resolve this issue, including resetting the box, re-loading all apps etc., but nothing worked.

Afterwards I tried some additional things and realised that the box worked in another room, on a different TV using a different wifi router. Using a process of elimination I discovered that the issue was the HDMI cable. I think it had got swapped with another device or had become damaged in some way. This HDMI cable was not 100% compatible with HDCP.

So my advice would be to test your box with another TV and/or another HDMI cable. Hope it works for you too, but at least my issue is now solved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same issue. I’ve done a factory reset and also switched  the bandwidth saver off. Nothing has worked. It’s extremely frustrating! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I spent 1.5 hours on the chat with customer support trying to resolve this issue, including resetting the box, re-loading all apps etc., but nothing worked.

Afterwards I tried some additional things and realised that the box worked in another room, on a different TV using a different wifi router. Using a process of elimination I discovered that the issue was the HDMI cable. I think it had got swapped with another device or had become damaged in some way. This HDMI cable was not 100% compatible with HDCP.

So my advice would be to test your box with another TV and/or another HDMI cable. Hope it works for you too, but at least my issue is now solved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much!! Changing the HDMI cable has resolved this issue! 👍