cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV box and Sky Broadband

I have just signed up to Sky Broadband, but the download estimates they have given me are between 2.0 and 4.9Mb and a Gauranteed Minimum Access Line Speed of 1.4Mb. This seems pretty low to me but I don't really understand these things. Will this be enough to connect my NOW TV boxes to WIFI, to watch Catch up TV and sometimes Entertainment and Kids? Hope someone can help. Thanks Tracy

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. NOW TV Recommend a minimum speed of 2.5Mbps to access the service, although if you find your speed is closer to 2 rather than 4.9 you'll probably not get a great picture quality and while it should be Ok to watch on one device you'll not really find that good enough for streaming on more than one device at the same time. With 4.9 you should get a reasonable 720p or thereabouts PQ as long as the connection is stable and wifi reception good (if possible try to connect your NOW TV box by Ethernet cable rather than wifi, but if your router isn't in the same room that's often not practical).

I'm guessing you are on the Basic Broadband package in which case your low estimate will be due to being some distance from the exchange which you can't really do anything about. See how it goes and if you have any issues watching NOW TV get in touch with the Combo Team and see if they can help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou, I signed up to the £15 a month offer so it will be the basic one. I will be able to connect the Black box in my livingroom by Ethernet cable, hopefully it'll work fine. I only really use it for catching up with soaps etc, and once a week for kids programmes when my Granddaughter is here.

I also have a white NowTv box in my bedroom, its only nextdoor to the livingroom where the hub will be, so may be able to connect that also with an Ethernet cable.

Hopefully it'll all work ok, if not, I'll have to think of upgrading to fibre, thanks again, much appreciated, Tracy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah, if it's just you watching, or with your grandaughter you should be fine - connecting by Ethernet to your new box will be great. Your white box doesn't have an Ethernet port but will connect with wifi, and if you're just watching on one device at a time again you should be OK. 

See how you get on, and feel free to pop back if there's any problems. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi just wondering if you could help me with the prices of now TV broadband I've tried to fill in the broadband postcode checker but every time I put my postcode in it says error and I don't get any further information? Was wanting to know did you know the price for normal broadband and fibre please. Thanks and kind regards from Nicola

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When using the NowTV Broadband checker maybe try a different internet browser where i have used the post code checker on three family members accounts using MS Edge.

I know over on Twitter NowTV seems to recommend the Fire Fox internet browser when using the website services to their customers.

Apart from that i can't help much sorry, where the Community Forum is mainly used by customers like myself.

If you use Twitter, then NowTV are more proactive over there and maybe they will be able to assist you further.

The current NowTV Broadband prices on their website should be found from the following link below (click the T&C's for further detailed information about their Broadband & Phone service).

https://www.nowtv.com/broadband 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help