cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV UNAVAILABLE

Is anyone having problems with NOW TV being unavailable? I've tried restarting box but it's not worked for two days. I have a lot of network problems with the box too, always buffering etc and no problems with other devices in the house. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much. Will give that a go and see!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There was a bug with the latest software with regards to the unavailable error message, but NowTV reckon they fixed it.

I never had that bug myself, but did encounter other glitches and bugs with the NowTV new look home screen layout.

Firstly i would try a forced software update on your NowTV box by following these instructions below.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

If the forced software update doesn't make any difference, then perhaps the bug is still there, where the workaround for quite a few forum members was to continually press the back button on the remote until the message disappeared or others had success by pressing the Sky Store button on their NowTV remote and once the Sky Store page opens, then press the Home Button on your remote.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much. Will give that a go and see!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

It worked! Thank you so much 😃

Anonymous User
Not applicable

have tried your :- Home x5

ff x3

fr x2

what a load of rubbish. ha,ha,ha.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you having issues with NOW? 
If so what device? 

What have you done to try resolve it? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anon444

After doing the suggested, the message that shows when trying to update says can’t update 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anon444 

What have you done to try and resolve it? Like unplugging of both box and router?

Worst case do a factory reset to the box.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick#

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated latest software using combination keys found on this forum but problem remain the same. 'Sorry, NOW TV is currently unavailable'.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A couple of things you could try with regards to this error message.

See if pressing the back button on your remote a couple of times clears the message.

Should you be using a NowTV Box / Stick, try pressing the Sky Store button on the remote, let the screen open and then press the Home Button on the remote.

if you are using a BT HomeHub Router, you may have to enable file sharing on it.

Have you any third party software on your Router such has Pi -hole or Adblocking software where you may have to unlock adblocking when using your NowTV device.

Are you using a VPN, then either try setting it to the UK (assuming you are a UK customer) or disable it.

Also see if switching the power off to your Router for about 30minutes, just in case your Router has acquired a rouge IP address.