cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV BOX - internet connection issues Ref: 02894653

Serial no 568694557910

My Black NOW TV box keeps losing the internet connection.  It was fine until a couple of weeks ago, and then all of a sudden during a film, a message came up on top of the screen saying internet connection lost, and then almost immediately it said connection found.  However, that started to happen every couple of minutes and we can't watch anything without it happening.

While watching anything signal drops, says Internet connection lost and a second later it resumes. This keeps happening all through the watching. 

Have turned everything off, tried resetting the now TV. Also checked Internet connection and that is confirmed as ok and not faulty.

I spoke to customer service (well lots of different emails from different robots?) and they have said it's too far from the router (it is 30 cms away) and is hard wired via either net cable but have tried wireless and get same issues.

I am now very annoyed at not getting any help with this - I am paying for two passes a month and am not able to watch via the BOX at all.

Please help?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Out of curisoity is your ISP Virgin Media by any chance ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps - yes it is Virgin Media - is this a known issue?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Seems since the latest updates on the nowtv boxes that a few Virgin Media ISP customers are effected with frequent loss of internet connection to their boxes.

More info here, you could try setting up a guest network on your router to see if that makes any difference.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Internet-Connection/td-p/454826

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know its been a while since this post as was back in Feb, but has anyone found a solution to this. Im with BT and have the very same issue, but only does it on the smart box, all other small black boxes work perfect

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I was previously with BT and never had any issues connecting to the internet with my nowtv smart box to be honest.

Have you tried disabling the smart setup feature on the BTHome Hub Router to see if that makes any difference ?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion, but have tried that. The only box that does it is the smart box, I originally thought it was a problem with box being upstairs, but swapped it over with the standard box from downstairs and that still works fine, but smart box still doing same thing regardless to be on wifi or cable and being close to hub