cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW BOX FACTORY RESET

I did a factory reset which was a mistake,it no longer logs in and requires to use a pin number to re-activate online. I do alreadyhave an account which is not currently subscribed  (I stopped subscription 2018) and the card has expired so it want me to input a bank card and new subscription.

As I do now require this at he moment, and was using the box just for the netflix app and other apps such as iplayer etc.

I am reluctant to add a card as this will cost £11.99 per month and just want to use the free apps without paying for other services, but I may use now tv  it in the future, so the now box remains useless untill I decide to pay for now tv services/package so the box remains inactive now, that is not sensible, these free apps should be available at all times, otherwise the now box is not viable unless I subscribe again.

The now box has been disconnected (and is redundant now) in the cicumstances and using my laptop for some apps such as iplayer, which is a bbc service.

I tried the chat line but the robot has limited help. As I paidfor the box I expected the free apps to work with or without a current now subscription especially if you have had a subscribed account in the past and still hold a now  account login

Any way to reactivate the box without registerng a bank card, I do not want a trial/offer as last time I had issues cancelling  the montly charge. was difficult to achieve.

Or is the box now just  junk unless I want to pay £11.99 a month.

My smart tv has iplayer and my dvd player  provides youtube and iplayer for free so all is not lost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

With live chat, did you click "chat online" within the green box or "get help quicker" at the bottom right of the page?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

To get proper live chat to speak with staff you need to click "chat online" within the green box. The "get help quicker" is the bot. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

With live chat, did you click "chat online" within the green box or "get help quicker" at the bottom right of the page?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

To get proper live chat to speak with staff you need to click "chat online" within the green box. The "get help quicker" is the bot. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I did get in touch with a real person as you suggested who assisted me and my palm  box is now back working again so I have been using the apps.

The help was excellent both form the community and nowtv.

I Just need to be careful with the factory reset as it loses the log in connection data, I will not do that again after a mix up with my Wi-Fi pasword, now sorted.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Awesome, I am glad you got it resolved in the end 😎

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Is the Stick actually insisting you buy a membership, or just wanting you to confirm a new card, where you don’t actually have to spend any of the money on it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did have to enter card details to activate the now box, it gave me a pin, I have not subscribed to anything.

I was given help by a now tv representative chat who guided me through the process so that I did not need subscribe at he moment, but  I may decide in the future to use a package again or buy films/sport

The online help was good when I got a real person rather than a robot chat that could not fathom the problem.

I am very happy the now box is working again which I bought in 2018.

It was my mistake as the factory reset does warn that your login will be deleted as the now box goes back to the original settings so loses the login and requires a new online registation, but then will pick up your account from the original email address used.

happy now.