cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOT HAPPY THERE IS NOT ON AND OFF BUTTON

I make as much savings on electricity and other things to try to keep bills low.

And i never leave pcs, tvs, router, or any thing i can unplug and swith off. There are too many things that ie leave in standby yeh right.

No im not into that i swith off and unplug makes sense completely. Im not spending on electric were i simply should not. Even in the kitchen, think about it nearly everthing you buy ie just leave it in standby.

No just switch it off and unplug it, even did on sky box ect ect ect. I just think are expensive enough, so yeh i go old school but it works does,nt it and my bill for electric is lower. So no i don,t agree that leaving your boxes or devices or gadgets or routers turned on all the time is a good idea, no its not your wasting money.

so my nowtv box is being turned off at the plug as that is all nowtv has given me in order to turn it off, so nowtv you are old school your self are you not by not providing the on and off button, im not happy about that at all.

you see everytime you add a device thats another one going on the bill, another device going to standby and another and another and another - no thanks not for me.

im still pretty amazed that they did not include and on and off button on such small remote and box, it does not make sense. Even the family said thats just stupid. A bad move by roku / nowtv / sky .

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I turn mine off at wall overnight with no issues. You can of course pull out the power lead. However I am sure you are savvy enough to know a plug in a socket can use a degree of power. Always better to switch off at the wall.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im not liking the fact there is not on and off switch.

everyone chatting about eco friendly, but i looked the settings ie in auto enable standby. But the side of that it says turn box after 4 hours, and i untick it and it just switches it off ie not enabled.

So why can i not change the time it turns off, how do i do that. Why is there no instructions, why are modern day devices always carrying some silly onboard nonsense, that we don,t want.

NOWTV PLEASE ADD A ON AND OFF BUTTON, ITS MUCH MORE SIMPLE FOR US FOLK.

i don,t like this auto standby, so now we are going to bed thinking its still turned on and it turn and we can,t turn it off as there is no button to do it.

What amazes me is that nowtv is owned by sky satalite and yet they supply you with full size remote for sky satalite with most buttons you don,t even use.

and yet,

the nowtv remote is much much smaller which i like very much, and yet with fewer buttons over all compared to sky remote and yet  you just got lazy and forgot to add a power on / off button. Come nowtv you even get manual button on the sky sat digi box to turn it on and off.

who,s idea was this, as it sucks. Sorry no offense to anyone what so ever. But it really is annoying that i can,t turn it off with a button. I don,t like this idea one little bit.

PLEASE NOW TV YOU REALLY NEED TO CHANGE THE REMOTE WITH POWER ON AND OFF BUTTON. YOU CAN EASILY PUT SOFTWARE UPGRADE PATCH TO GET 1 BUTTON TO PERFORM MORE THAN ONE ACTION.

YOU SHOULD OF JUST PUT A RED BUTTON LIKE ALL OTHER REMOTES IE THATS THE POWER ON AND OFF BUTTON.

please change this, also it makes it easy for non tech or gadget folk. Who simply don,t like all teh fuss with modern day devices, and to honest that is why i took some devices back to get my money back, ie the people that built them made overly complicated to use. And there was no point to making it that difficult, its a big turn off when devices are like this.

if its overly complicated to use, i simply won,t use it simple as.

Geluk
Expert 2

Device's firmware shuts itself down after it detects "no use"; on/ off button not an issue to thousands of existing users.

If you're so concerned,  just switch off at power point.

Simples.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

completely agree with you geluk 

if your that concerned over a box not having a on / off button on the remote, which by the way will only put the box in standby anyway then just turn it off at the wall simple... Smiley Happy

the power adapter even unplugged from the device still consumes 0.1w so just turn it off completely and be done Smiley Wink

if your tv has CEC it should put the box to standby quicker like mine does, which i worked out is roughly about 5 minutes that i see the little white led light go out Smiley Tongue

moaning over the fact todays devices use very little power in standby which adds a few quid a year on your bill is just sad really... i would love to know how much money you have ACTUALLY saved and how you calculated it all Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have found that if the TV the box is connected to is in a standby mode the NowTv box will not auto switch off, but if you shut the TV down the box will switch off after a couple of minutes.

Geluk
Expert 2

The current used in standby mode is miniscule; if you're concerned just switch off

power to the NowTV box.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

AYM1YE-plug-socket_2609454k.jpg

Problem solved! 😉