cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NEED TO CONSTANTLY REINSERT BATTERIES INTO REMOTE

Hey so I’ve had now tv for over a year now and from day one everytime I use Twitter remote then pop it down to watch an episode or movie by the time I go for it again it’s not working. The only way to get it working is to pop out the batteries and pop them back in. This is extremely annoying and I don’t know how to fix it? Also I use good quality Batteries but they only last about 2/3 months before the battery symbol tha pops up ok screen is at 1 bar and I’ve to replace them is that normal for these remotes ? 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Two to three months useage out of a NowTV smart voice remote controller is pretty good, where i am lucky to get a month before swapping new batteries.

The reason why the NowTV smart remote eats through batteries is that the remote is constantly powered on over the wifi network (unlike a standard infra red remote), which is the direction NowTV / Roku went with these particular remotes.

With the loss of signal between the remote and Stick, you could try a different wifi channel on your Router or if your Router is dual band try both 2.4ghz and 5 ghz wifi frequencies with the Stick.

If you have a HDMI fly lead extender, you could try that to see if there is any improvement (though i can't guarantee it will help much with loss of pairing with the NowTV smart remote).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

INSTALL on you phone "Roku - Official Remote Control" and control from your device. Works for both Apple and Android phone.