cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now tv app won’t work

So I’ve tried to get onto my now tv app on my tv I have the black now tv box. 
ive just paid for sky sports and it won’t load any of the channels, I click on them and it just takes me back onto the home screen? 

can anyone help me as I have no idea how to fix this so I can watch the sky sports channels 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Quite a few people have reported recent problems on both the Community Forum & Twitter with the NowTV Black Boxes, where they can't either access their TV Guide or when going into the NowTV App or the My TV Continue Watching section it jumps them back to the home screen page of the box UI.

The only temporary workaround that i know of until NowTV sorts it out is to use the search option on your box, but this only works for on demand & catchup stuff and not live TV (including sports).

You could try typing in Sky Sports News to see if it allows you to access the SSN live channel, then click the OK button to bring up the channel information on screen, then navigate down the pop up channel information banner to see if you can access and watch other live Sky Sports channels.

If the search method doesn't work, try going via the Sky Sports News App.

Don't know if the above will work has a temporary workaround, because i haven't got a NowTV Black Box with the problem on it to test out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah you can’t use the search for sky sports live tv which is the only thing I want to watch on now tv. When will this problem be fixed?!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Ask me a Sports Question, where i don't work for NowTV and i am a customer just like you and have no idea when or if this will be fixed.

Your best option is to contact them via the communication methods on this link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear about the issues you are encountering with your device. 

Can you please let us know the version of the app you are running?

You should be able to find this out by heading to My Account.

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue is being reported all over the forum in different threads. I got a new nowtv box but still have the issue of it hanging. 

Someone else suggested you can use the 'search' function to find your programmes which worked for me but is a ridiculous  workaround. 

What are NowTv doing about this? 

I'm running version: 9.2.3 - build 4136-10. There isn't a newer version of the softest avaibale.