cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My TV on new Now TV home page

Hi,

I switched on my Now TV box and was greeted with the new, no app necessary home page. I like it but have one problem. Where has the My TV button gone? I can see watchlist, but that's not nearly as efficient as the My TV listings. 

Am I being thick or has it been removed? 

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My TV is two folders consisting of Continue Watching & Watchlist, where both these folders are shown has horizontal tile thumb nails on the new layout Home Screen Page.

If you are not keen on accessing via this method, then if you have the newer smart remote controller, press the My TV quick access button on the NowTV Smart remote.

Or whilst on the new home screen page layout, press the back button on the remote, then select Apps Store, then highlight and click OK on the NowTV App, then highlight and click OK on "Go to App" then you are on the old style UI layout to reach My TV.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My TV is two folders consisting of Continue Watching & Watchlist, where both these folders are shown has horizontal tile thumb nails on the new layout Home Screen Page.

If you are not keen on accessing via this method, then if you have the newer smart remote controller, press the My TV quick access button on the NowTV Smart remote.

Or whilst on the new home screen page layout, press the back button on the remote, then select Apps Store, then highlight and click OK on the NowTV App, then highlight and click OK on "Go to App" then you are on the old style UI layout to reach My TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Schnapps,

Thanks for the reply and especially the workaround via the App Store.

All the best,

PETE
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

Worried that it might be easy or straightforward to use, NowTV have inexplicably stuck My Apps in between the two halves of the old My TV 🤪

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have viewed the solution for getting into my tv watch list, but it doesn’t offer as much. Prior to the new update I could use my watch list to look at more episodes. The new format does not offer that, only playing from where you last left off. I now have to search for what I’m watching via entertainment menu to load other episodes. I occasionally watch an episode at my friends, which means I’m out of sync on my account. Easily rectified on the old menus, awful on the new interface. It’s clunky & difficult to navigate, not well thought out at all. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

For that scenario, what i would tend to do is navigate to and highlight the  "Continue Watching" green tile on the new look front screen page, then click OK to open all TV shows and movies in your Continue Watching Folder Page.

Then highlight the TV show in question, then press the star button on your NowTV remote and select "Add to My TV".

Once the TV show in question has been added to My TV, you can then go back to the home screen page and under "Watchlist" pick the TV show from there, where you have the option to either continue from the last episode you left watching or go into "More Episodes".

There is a lot of things i don't like about the new UI which i gave my feedback to NowTV and one off them which i don't think nobody has picked up yet on, is that under Continue Watching or Watchlist when viewing TV shows there is no orange progress bar anymore on the previous episodes you have watched (apart from the current episode).

This can cause a problem IMO if the Continue Watching section fails to operate properly has intended and doesn't track your show correctly (which can happen sometimes with NowTV) and if you can't remember the last episode where you left off you can't now look at the TV show season and episode history viewing orange progress bar on what you have previously viewed 😠.

If you don't like the new home page screen layout, then once on the home screen, press the back button, then navigate and click on Apps Store, then highlight and click on the NowTV App, then highlight and click OK on "Go to App" which will take you to the old style UI.

Because you can still access the old style UI using the method described above, i don't know why NowTV didn't leave the NowTV App in the My App section and give customers the option which layout they preferred using.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Kelly,

That's my experience too. I thought I'd imagined having that feature in the
past.

Hopefully they can add a 'My series' carousel to the new interface at
some point.

I wonder if they monitor these posts at all?

Pete
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

We ‘three-star generals’ can lead the horse to water, but we can’t make it drink.

Especially when it didn’t seem particularly thirsty in the run-up to releasing the new UI 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just send an email, Roy! 😁
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is now TVs email address?