cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My ' Recently Watched' just spins endlessly - so does my Recently Added in Movie section?

For the past few weeks the section 'My TV - Recently Watched' does not show anything.  Instead I get the four coloured balls spinning endlessly.  I have rebooted the box, rebooted my modem and nothing changes.  

Also when I go to MOVIES nothing happens but if I press OK then it takes me to the list of 'Recently Added', 'Oscar Winners' etc etc BUT again I get the coloured spinning balls for Recently Added and nothing ever shows up.  The other categories are OK.

I use the 'My TV - Recently Watched' a lot and it's very frustrating that it just doesnt work now.  Any advice on how to rectify this please?

68 REPLIES 68
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I'm afraid I'm not staff so I can only give you general info, but I admire your patience and perseverance, luckily I've never had any real problems with my boxes but I've always thought they are just a lovely size and shape to throw around the house, I'm not sure I'd be able to resist the temptation if I was you.

Hopefully you get sorted soon, or Simon or one of the other team has good news for you! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy Haha that made me giggle 😛 (I've certainly been tempted this last few weeks!).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So here we go again.. another photo for you showing the NowTV app missing categories and freezing up. This one's on Entertainment, so now you have proof that it happens on movies, entertainment and the MyTV parts. The only part ive not shown is Sport but i imagine it does the same i just have no interest in sport so never go to that anyway.

The lack of responce on this issue is rather poor. I've done everything i can possibly do to try resolve this myself at my end across two different boxes and taken the time to post here about it and take photos to support it. The fact this is not limited to one box, both with different software versions indicates it is not the boxes at fault and may even be account related.

You have absolutly no idea how frustrating it is to have to reset my boxes on a daily basis just so i can get 'some' use of the service. Having to enter in all my wifi details, do the settings and sign back into all apps i want to use that day is beyond a joke!

I've been patient and stuck with this hoping it would get some urgent attention.. it is clear there is some problem but the lack of attention or responce to this problem is seriously making me loose interest in NowTV altogether and each day i am getting closer to just giving up and cancelling my subscription!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm very sorry about that 😞

I have raised it to our tech teams before and they have advised that most of your current issues should be resolved with the next software update (which is currently being rolled out in stages).

I'll raise it again with them to see what is going on and if there's anything we can do to resolve before the update.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm a little confused.. do you mean the new update that introduced the new look UI/Homescreen recently and is still being rolled out now? or is a second update to that one being rolle dout on top of it? One of my boxes already has the new update for the new look homescreen, the other doesnt - but they both experiance the same issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, that's the update I meant before @Anonymous User

That's not good 😞 Well, in anyway I raised it again with our tech teams. 

Hopefully I'll be able to get more information about this next week Monday-Tuesday.

I'm very sorry about all the hassle and inconvenience you have gone through 😞

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

ok so here's another photo. It is kind of difficult to show you my homescreen is frozen and that the entire box crashes on it other than showing you the clock which appears in the upper right corner of this screen.

I have just turned on my TV to find the box frozen once again. Accoridng the clock the box clearly froze at 9.10pm last night. Which is about an hour after we had finished using it.

The photo i have just taken with my phone, you can confirm this by the file name and the in the file meta. The photo taken at 11.58am today clearly shows that the clock stopped at 9.10pm last night and has been in a frozen state ever since. Yet again i have now to wipe the box with a hard reset and sign back into everything!

This is a daily issue, every morningi return to this frozen state. the only way out of it a hard reset (pin in the hole). If i unplug the box and plug it back in the box does not even boot up, no homescreen, nothing except a blank screen.

This needs some urgent attention!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you very much for the photo and the additional information.

@Anonymous User has passed your details onto our technical team and once we have an update we will be back in touch with you.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm, so to update on things. After the crash of black box again this Monday (as posted above) i decided to remove my white box from my account then yet again factory reset the black one (as that is the only way to get it out of the crashed state).

I was expecting a new box to replace the white one anyway as mentioned earlier in this thread, the white one had big problems, aside form the nowtv app isssues, not a singel third party app was working on it anymore. So yep it was clear the white one had seen better days..

Since nobody seems to believe exactly how bad my boxes where behaving and didnt seem to know what was wrong with nowtv on them and started to wonder if maybe the issue was account related.. It wonded if maybe boxes communcated with each other in anyway across a network. Not finding any evideance of this i assume the only communication the boxes do with each other is by 'my account'. Obviously watching a programme on one box would update my account on your side so that other boxes can update the mytv section to ensure they display the same history (amongst other things it syncs).

So knowing the white box was definatly faulty and that the black ones homescreen only ever crashed when it was not in use, but at the times when the white one would be in use, combined with the spinning circles issue which i figured was a failure to update form your server and sync new info .. and well everything else thats gone wrong with my nowtv apps on both boxes the last two weeks i thought maybe, just maybe the white box is causing issues with my account and sync info. (Not to mention bothe boxes started to play up on the exact same day and as the white one got worse so di the black one - as mentioned before it seem to spread!)

So the result..

After removing the white box from my account, thus not being able to use it, i have had no problems what so ever with my black one, no crashes, no more spinning circles, no more UI errors or missing categories - nothing. It has simply worked as it should do.

Further more i have now reiceved the replacement box for the faulty white one, so added it to my account, set it up. Two black boxes on my account, both not experianced a single issue so far.

So, i do wonder if the white one was the cause of all the problems my black one was having.. and if so, the only link i can think of was account syncing.. corrupt data maybe sent from the white one which effected the black one? I have no idea, but it does seem very weird how i have no problems now the white one is gone.

I am thinking of putting the white one back on my account to see if either of the black ones (having two of them now) start to act up again,  Purely for testing/illimination purposes for a few days then remove it again, after which i'll either recycle it or send it back to you. I can not add it back until April though as i used my free slot this month adding the new black one. Once i have tested it i will report back and let you knw what happens but i really do feel the white box was the cause of the issues i had, at least most of them - which appear to have been some what unique to me..

Ah well until then, i can finally get back to enjoying my nowtv service again without issues (hopefully), and catch up on the things i couldn't watch, relax and maybe, just maybe if im lucky my hair will grow back 😛

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Raevelyn,

Please remind me.... How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers