cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My ' Recently Watched' just spins endlessly - so does my Recently Added in Movie section?

For the past few weeks the section 'My TV - Recently Watched' does not show anything.  Instead I get the four coloured balls spinning endlessly.  I have rebooted the box, rebooted my modem and nothing changes.  

Also when I go to MOVIES nothing happens but if I press OK then it takes me to the list of 'Recently Added', 'Oscar Winners' etc etc BUT again I get the coloured spinning balls for Recently Added and nothing ever shows up.  The other categories are OK.

I use the 'My TV - Recently Watched' a lot and it's very frustrating that it just doesnt work now.  Any advice on how to rectify this please?

68 REPLIES 68
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having this problem too but for me it is not constant. I dont have the movies just now so can not comment on that but the same thing happens to me on entertainment, for example i went to entertainmen t> comedy in the menu and just got the spinning circles. I could see two things in the comedy section - the two now tv guide videos but no comedy content at all. When it happens it is not always the same category that plays up and the recently watched is seemingly hit and miss, sometimes it loads sometimes it does not. No problems with streaming or anything else. I've also done a reset of the box etc.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

If might be that the firmware and app needs reinstalling and overwriting - if you follow the steps here you'll be able to do that.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that.

Is your Box connected wireless or wired? If you haven't tried wired connection yet, please do. Also if possible, move your Box closer to your router (if using wireless). 

You have mentioned rebooting your Box, can you tell me what steps did you follow?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying.  My box is wired.  It is positioned approx 1 foot away from the router.

I rebooted the box by going to the Menu - then Settings and System Restart.

Incidentally, I have 2 NOWTv boxesconnected to 2 TVs - one black and one white and this problem appears on BOTH TVs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me, i also have one box that is white and one that is black and it happens on both. I have done the reset on both boxes prior to posting here, once by the hidden menu and then once by the pin in the hole method.

I actually went to test if the movies sections where having the same problem as entertainement since the original poster said they had it with movies and it seems that is also my case too. I went to Movies and nothing except the spinning circles too.

I've included a photo which shows what i see.

The photo shows the screen as it is, just spining circles nothing else.. i can not even get past that, if i press ok nothing happens,if i press the right arrow, nothing happens. This is the same for the entertainment, and recently watched too.

I can access the watch live perfectly fine and stream the channels live  without problems.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh and the MY TV section has completely gone weird, take a look at this photo. I can not see recently watched or watch list. you can see where they should be but they are missing in the menu. Additionaly there is a collections option which was not there before but i can not scroll to it, highlight it or anything. The entire menu in MyTV does not work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here's another picture for you.

On my picture in my post above this, you can see that the menu is completely bugged but it is showing the thumnbnails for recently watched programmes (NCIS).. but i can not get the them.

i the photo attached to this post the recently watched menu shows correctly but i can still not acees the content. Here i am just getting spinning circles, no thumbnails at all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you confirm if this issue is getting looked into or not? The ocurance is getting more frequent each day and it has now escalted to the point where the NowTV app is crashing completely (exiting for no reason) while i am moving around the UI.

I am really getting frustrated with being a beta tester for this product and finding myself here time and time again reporting these kinda of bugs which get very little attention and take months to be rectified - if ever. I understand you probally don't care as there is a new version of the app being rolled out, but that is not good enough, my boxes don't have this new version yet and i am not going to continue paying for a broken and buggy service in the chance that when eventually my boxes recevie the rollout it 'might' fix them.

Please don't ask me about connection, resets, locations, set up, etc By now you should know i'm not some novice with these things, condidering i have even provided code solutions to fix bug in your website! These delay tactics wont wash with me and please don't reply just so some other moderator can bump up your likes.. it is clearly obvious there is a buddy system in place on this forum with some of you.

Sorry if i sound rude and annoyed but that is becuase I AM!

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for providing all that information it's really useful. 

I want you to know that these issues really are important to us, even if there's a new update coming out that dosn't mean the previous version shouldn't work properly.

I'm currently speaking to teams involved with the platform about this for you, and I'm sorry for the delay in response.

Just to clarify are you currently watching using a beta version of the app?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team