cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mute button ... ??

So I got my smart box with 4K & voice search ... set it all up the remote worked my tv volume I was flicking through the menus and it’s went onto mute .... I don’t have a actual tv remote I work it from the side of the tv (hdmi etc) so must have been the now tv remote that’s done it question is how do I get it off using the remote ?? help 😩😩

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me like a HDMI conflict issue between your smart box and television if you lost sound whilst using the smart box, because i don't believe there is a sound mute feature on the nowtv remote controller or in the smart box menu settings.

What happens if you press the volume up button on both your nowtv smart remote controller and television set manual volume adjust buttons ?

If no sound appears whilst on the HDMI input source on the nowtv box, then try disconnecting the power to the smart box for 30 secs.

Should that not work maybe try a different HDMI port on your television set.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me like a HDMI conflict issue between your smart box and television if you lost sound whilst using the smart box, because i don't believe there is a sound mute feature on the nowtv remote controller or in the smart box menu settings.

What happens if you press the volume up button on both your nowtv smart remote controller and television set manual volume adjust buttons ?

If no sound appears whilst on the HDMI input source on the nowtv box, then try disconnecting the power to the smart box for 30 secs.

Should that not work maybe try a different HDMI port on your television set.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I didn’t think there was a mute button just really strange how it manage to happen .... off out to buy a universal remote before I launch the tv spent 3 hours of my life on this today 🙄

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Did the reboot of the nowtv box by disconnecting the power fix it ?

If so, try a different HDMI cable, plug the smart box into a different HDMI port on your television set (assuming you have more than one port).

Should you lose sound on rare occasions in the future from the smart box after trying the above suggestions.

Then to save you getting off your chair to unplug the power to the smart box, go into the Settings menu of the box, then select Systems, then select Power, then select System Restart which will reboot your smart box (similar to switching off & on the power to the box by disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you please tell me if you fixed this as I am having the same trouble and tried all the options? Or shall I just go buy a universal remote as my tv one also broken? Thanks 

chronos0891
Scholar

Use the TV volume button to turn NOW Tv up or down. The volume buttons on the NOW TV remote are on the right hand side of the NOW Tv remote control (which may also affect other Tv's in the room). If you have issues with your Tv remote or NOW Tv remote controls conflicting, try using either of the remote controls very close to the TV. To stop conflicts you may have to shield either of the remote controls, also pointing it away from the conflicting TV. To summarize, the NOW Tv system is designed to control one (1) Tv per room, and may conflict other TV systems in the room.